Dyspraxia support for teenage DD
GhostlyAbode · 22/03/2017 08:30
What sort of professional would I need to help my very dyspraxic DD who having hit teenagedom is having problems
- memory for school work
- revision / learning. Techniques that suit her
- organising herself - looses everything all the time
- hates sport and is getting overweight
- social ques - e.g. when being silly is not appropriate
- speech - it's still hard to understand her
Any pointers of any responses / professionals / tips would be very welcolm.
LIZS · 22/03/2017 08:37
You need to start wth an ed pysch and OT. Then a lsa can help her put the recommendations and exercises into practice.
GhostlyAbode · 22/03/2017 18:30
Fab thanks. At primary she was under the care of child services but then she got too old and was released but given no support other than the school senco provides.
They senco is great but really does not understand how dyspraxia effects her learning.
LIZS · 22/03/2017 18:44
Have you directed them to dyspraxia foundation website ? You may need another assessment before gcses if dc needs extra time.
To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.