My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on special needs.

SN children

Feeling Proud

6 replies

Bumblelion · 07/11/2006 09:59

Just wanted to post a comment about my DD (5) and how proud I am of her.

She has just turned 5 and started mainstream reception class in September. Has settled in really well, made friends, is sociable, outgoing, etc. Is started to learn to read and write - can trace her name but can't form it without help - and can read the words "mum", "dad", "the" and "I".

The teacher said that Sasha is like a little ray of sunshine when she comes into the classroom in the morning and when she leaves at the end of the day. She has learnt to take turns and place nicely alongside other children. The teacher said there is one child in the class (who has no problems at all) but is not at all confident or outgoing. Sasha will now seek out this little boy and integrate his play into the other children's. She said that Sasha is the one that has helped this little boy so much.

How proud do I feel?

OP posts:
bubble78 · 07/11/2006 11:24

thats brilliant bumblelion can i ask what sn your dd has??

just my ds has asd and he due to start mainstream school in september 2007

Bumblelion · 07/11/2006 11:49

My DD has a condition called Sotos Syndrome which basically causes overgrowth and global developmental delay.

OP posts:
anniebear · 07/11/2006 11:57

thats fantastic how well she is doing

sunnysideup · 07/11/2006 12:53

Well bumble, my Ds has no developmental delay but your dd is way ahead of him in the writing and reading stakes! He has just had his first little 'homework' through which is to recognise the words "the" and "and" reliably over three consecutive days and we are not there yet

Your dd sounds bright and obviously has social skills and a thoughtful personality that will take her a long way in life..you should be really proud x

FioFio · 07/11/2006 13:09

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn

tobysmumkent · 07/11/2006 13:33

Message withdrawn

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.