My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on special needs.

SN children

Some good news....

2 replies

eidsvold · 25/09/2006 03:35

We had a paed appt this morning. They were worried about dd1's thyroid functioning ( something that can be an issue in children with down syndrome). Her last blood tests showed a spiked reading and caused some concern - so we had to repeat the test with the view that if it remained high - so begins a lifetime of thyroid medication.

I really did not want to start now with this - just another thing to struggle with dd1 over. But today her reading was brilliant - right back down again and no worries. Paed is very pleased with her and how well she is doing.

poor dh will have to attend the next one - it is in 6 months around my due date- so will either be in hospital recovering from c-section or just home. If still in hospital - guess I could pop over with no3 in my pjs and attend.

OP posts:
eidsvold · 25/09/2006 03:36

having said that - dh works at the children's hosp and so attends all of dd1's outpatients appts unless he has a meeting he can't get out of BUT has never attended by himself.

OP posts:
dejags · 25/09/2006 03:38

Great news Eidsvold. With everything else that's going on for you at the moment you deserve one less thing to worry about.

Congrats on your pregnancy BTW

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.