My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on special needs.

SN children

sleep, sleep, need sleep.......

10 replies

misdee · 17/01/2006 23:56

but dd2 obviosuly doesnt. can anyone help? here

has it just been a full moon btw?

OP posts:
misdee · 18/01/2006 00:05

ooooo 10mins of no screeching, might get some sleep now.

OP posts:
misdee · 18/01/2006 00:12

i spoke too soon

OP posts:
Sallystrawberry · 18/01/2006 00:12

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

misdee · 18/01/2006 00:14

its not at the same time each night. she has been worse over the last few days, which made me wonder if it had been full moon, she should settle back down a bit in the next few nights if it has been.

OP posts:
Sallystrawberry · 18/01/2006 00:17

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JakB · 18/01/2006 09:04

Misdee, my DD regularly goes through bizarre sleeping patterns. She wakes between 12 and 3 hyper, big pupils, and will not wind down. I have found the only thing that works is melatonin but I don't give it after 2am. I think you can get slow-release melatonin too. I see it as a short-term measure when she goes through these phases to maintain everybody's sanity. Of course, it doesn't always work but 60 per cent of the time it does.

dizzy34 · 19/01/2006 14:00

This must be awful, sleep deprivation is worse than anything. I read that you used vallergan and it worked, would you not use it more often? Have you spoke to you paed about some sleep medicines? MY ds2 wasnt letting us have much sleep, not screaming though, but it was because of his dissabilities he doesnt recognise the diff in day and night. he is now on chloral hydrate and we havent looked back. he wakes up happier and we are getting some sleep between seizures.

Davros · 19/01/2006 22:23

We used Chloral hydrate for a while when desperate and it was a godsend. Then we ran out so tried the melatonin we had in the cupboard that we thought didn't work, it did!! Now we're not using either..... ho hum, they like to keep us on our toes. DS and DD are both asleep now but DD has been coughing and I KNOW that DS will wake me up around 4am and then I'll have to drag him out of bed for school.....

misdee · 19/01/2006 22:28

dd1+2 are ill tonight. did debate over giving dd2 some vallergan but seeing as she has a dcky tummy i decided against it. she is unsettled but not screeching.

OP posts:
Davros · 19/01/2006 22:32

Mine likes a good screech too. If its his "happy but loud" screech I don't mind EXCEPT its so loud and might wake DD. He's been a bit hyper the last couple of nights but seems to have gone to sleep quite quickly tonight.....

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.