My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on special needs.

SN children

Good choice!

21 replies

Jimjams · 20/08/2003 21:08

Usually I'm on here moaning, but today something good happened! Ds1's future school teacher sent us a book she'd made with lots of photos of the school and teachers senco etc to show ds1. I thought that was really nice of her- especially considering its her summer holiday!

Glad we chose that school- even if we have upset the LEA by choosing a school in a different LEA

OP posts:
eidsvold · 20/08/2003 21:22

Great to hear some brilliant news and teachers that help to restore one's faith in the education system.....

Angeliz · 20/08/2003 21:25

jimjams that is lovely! My dd starts next year and i hope i get a dedicated teacher..........

Angeliz · 20/08/2003 21:25

jimjams that is lovely! My dd starts next year and i hope i get a dedicated teacher..........

fio2 · 20/08/2003 21:36

how nice that there are still some people around sounds like your ds1 WILL be well looked after thereSmile

fio2 · 20/08/2003 21:38

that was meant to read some NICE people around

MABS · 20/08/2003 21:40

Lovely to hear a positive story Jimjams.

I'm now back on line after the house move so will pour out my tale of woe and anger with the c**p new physio as soon as i have time !!

aloha · 20/08/2003 22:01

Will he wear his sheep suit??
Sounds great.

YOu don't moan. And I know I'm evesdropping on your thread but I've just finished a tedious bit of work and am rewarding myself with Mumsnet. Glad to find good news.

maryz · 20/08/2003 22:04

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lou33 · 20/08/2003 22:16

She sounds great Jimjams, it must take some of the worry about ds starting school.

tigermoth · 20/08/2003 23:06

What a lovely surprise for you and your son, jimjams. I hope it's the first of many things that confirm you made a good choice of school.

alterego · 21/08/2003 00:21

That sounds brilliant - what a dedicated teacher.

doormat · 21/08/2003 08:10

That really is lovely of her jimjams

Hope he enjoys it.

Jimjams · 21/08/2003 08:17

DH says it's because she wants to avoid being smacked round the face by ds1 again

The only slightly worrying thing is every time I show him the picture of the main entrance he says "du dye mmm" bye bye school. He liked the picture of the computer room though.

OP posts:
SoupDragon · 21/08/2003 08:31

That's a really nice thing to have done! It sounds like this school is going to try hard to do what's best for him.

Isn't the fact that he associates the main entrance with "Bye bye mummy" good? He knows you'll be leaving him there. What happens if it's not the main entrance that you'll be leaving him at? I know I'm to take DS1 to his classroom.

Rebi · 21/08/2003 08:36

That is fantastic JimJams - ds school got round to doing similar book of photos this year after 3 years (and the school is very good), so I think its a very good sign. You picked well - Well done!

ThomCat · 21/08/2003 09:48

Jim Jams - Really lovely to hear that, sometimes faith needs rstoring and comments like that do just the job. Really pleased for you Jimjams it must be such a good / reassuring feeling.

Aloha - please don't think that just because you child hasn't any SN as such that for you to come onto a SN thread is eavsdropping. I go onto all threads and I'm not breastfeeding / preganant / trying to conceive and I haven't recently lost someone or lost someone etc etc. It doesn't matter. I've received wonderful support and advice on this thread many mothers, some with, some without SN children. So please don't feel that this thread isn't open to everyone.

Jimjams · 21/08/2003 10:30

wishful thinking soupy- he says bye bye school and shoves the book back at me. bye bye anything usually means take it away!

OP posts:
fio2 · 21/08/2003 10:32

jimjams my dd does the same. I remember with the protage sessions if the portage lady used to get a jigsaw out that she didnt want to play with she used to 'bye'. Forunatley the portage worker used to think it was hilarious.

SoupDragon · 21/08/2003 10:56

Ahhhhh. I see now!

Jimjams · 21/08/2003 11:01

fio2- ds1 used to say "du dye babeebum" (alison - portage workers name) when he didn't want to do an activity. Luckily she thought it was funny as well.

OP posts:
Jimjams · 21/08/2003 11:04

Good point about the entrances though soupy- that's already caused problems! We did discuss it at a meeting with the school - I'll wait and see what happens!

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.