My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Business founders/entrepreneurs

Expert advice on what to buy for your baby/toddler - Would you pay for it?

6 replies

alexa921 · 06/09/2022 11:10

Hi there, I've worked as a personal shopper for mums and dads for many years, helping them buy the right baby gear, and I'm looking to go out and do my own thing.

I'd love your help in helping decide if this is a good idea.

Would you pay to chat to an expert over the phone or WhatsApp chat, to get advice on what to buy for your baby/toddler?

Say £15 for a 30 min chat.

However, you get the £20 back and can use towards your purchase when you buy from my store (which has all the best baby gear possible, due to my close partnerships with key suppliers and brands).

What's more, you can easily message me anytime, and ask for more advice once you've paid (without having to pay again), almost like a personal shopper concierge.

I'd LOVE your honest feedback.

This is different (in my opinion at least) to going into a store, as store associates are often inexperienced or biased and try to sell you the most expensive thing.

OP posts:
DelilahBucket · 07/09/2022 12:02

I wouldn't when the advice is so easily available online, like on Mumsnet, and then people are free to shop around to get the best prices.

alexa921 · 07/09/2022 13:19

What about if the advice was free via a call/chat via whatsapp, @DelilahBucket . Would you use it then ?

OP posts:
DelilahBucket · 11/09/2022 09:27

alexa921 · 07/09/2022 13:19

What about if the advice was free via a call/chat via whatsapp, @DelilahBucket . Would you use it then ?

No because then it isn't at my own leisure and I hate having to stick to appointments. If I want to start researching something on my lunch break and then break off to do something else and continue said research at 10:30pm the next day, that is far more convenient than having a fixed time and day.
Be careful what you wish for when you say people can message you are any time of the day. This is not a good idea because then people expect a reply at all hours. It's bad enough when you have set hours and people expect a reply at midnight and then are contacting you at 8am to find out why you haven't responded. Believe me, I've had this for years and years!

speakout · 11/09/2022 19:10

No because you can't be an expert in all babies and parents.
There all all sorts of ways to nurture a chid, and even then parents are not some cohesive force.
I held off with all kinds of stuff for my babies bought the simplest of stuff and added to it when needs arose.
Often mothers won't know what they need until the thick of it.
Tons of stuff that seem popular I have never used- and I am glad I wasted no money.

NerrSnerr · 11/09/2022 19:24

However, you get the £20 back and can use towards your purchase when you buy from my store (which has all the best baby gear possible, due to my close partnerships with key suppliers and brands).

What do you mean by the best baby gear possible? Are you talking about stuff like prams and cots or clothes?

I think in the current climate more people will be finding second hand stuff (and there is loads out there- we got most of our baby stuff cheap or free) but maybe the mega rich won't be tightening their belts? I assume that's who you're aiming at? I'm

LadyLapsang · 13/09/2022 09:02

John Lewis offers this service at no cost or obligation to buy, with up to 90 minutes with a personal shopper in store or an hour online.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.