Mumsnet Logo
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's shopping board. Whether you are after a new family car or a great new coffee machine this is the board for you. Share product recommendations and reviews here. Related: Discuss clothes and fashion on our Style and beauty forum. Check out Swears By to find the products Mumsnetters love and our reviews section to see the best baby and child products put through their paces.

Shopping

Can you rent a domestic fridge?

6 replies

Lonelymum · 14/02/2005 18:27

Does anyone know if it is possible to rent a domestic fridge for a period of 6 months? If so, where from? Eg does Comet or the other big retailers rent fridges? I have tried googling without any success.

OP posts:
Please
or

BadHair · 14/02/2005 18:29

TBH its probably cheaper just to buy a second hand one then sell it on when you've finished with it. You can sell them on to landlords, who are always too mean to pay for anything brand new - that's what we did with ours when we moved out of rented.

Please
or

Lonelymum · 14/02/2005 18:32

Must admit, I have just looked at buying one and the cheapest was £80 but it was tiny. However, one for £100 looked quite reasonable. Perhaps that is the best way forward.

OP posts:
Please
or

iota · 14/02/2005 18:50

try this
rent

alos have a look in your yellow pages - it tends to be local companies who do this

Please
or

Lonelymum · 14/02/2005 18:58

Thanks but no they don't cover our area. TBH it is the area we are moving to and I don't have access to the Yellow Pages for that area. I think we might have to buy something and hope to be able to sell it on later.

OP posts:
Please
or

SofiaAmes · 14/02/2005 22:02

Agree with the buying a used one. We bought one out of Loot to tide us over until we redid our kitchen and then sold it for what we paid for it.

Please
or

vicdubya · 14/02/2005 22:08

Yes you can. Try yell.com for electrical appliance shops.

We recently bought a 2nd hand one for £60 (reconditioned) as living in a rented house atm & didn;t want to shell out in case next house has integral like the last one did.

Again, try yell.com & ring round?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?