My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

You need to have been registered for 7 days to post in the Sex forum. Please don’t send unwanted PMs to other users.

Sex

First time sex over 50: estrogen patch on or off?

15 replies

Tex111 · 27/02/2024 11:54

That's it really. Planning to sleep with someone new for the first time since being post menopause. Do I leave my estrogen patch on or remove it before he sees it?

I'd have to remove it before going out to make sure I'd removed all the residue. The dosage part is fine, I can just slap on some estrogen gel to cover the missed dose.

Just wondering if there's like an etiquette for this.

OP posts:
Wherearemymarbles · 27/02/2024 12:34

I cant see why it would be an issue for any vaguely decent man and he may know exactly what it is.

Tex111 · 27/02/2024 12:57

That's what I was thinking, but this is a whole new world for me. Thought I'd double check.

OP posts:
bosqueverde · 27/02/2024 13:54

My DP has one, and yes, vague decency applies as previous poster says.

MovedonfromMartin · 27/02/2024 14:06

It never crossed my mind to take mine off.
I do though, if I think about it, rub out the sticky squares left by old ones that are all over my thighs. I'm not sure if anyone would notice either way!

B1rd · 27/02/2024 16:37

This is the reason that I swapped from patches to gel. They are much nicer and you'll feel sexier. I told my GP they kept falling off.

Baby oil helps with the sticky/fluffy squares that are left.

acpk55 · 27/02/2024 18:26

Recent(ish) new partner left hers on, not an issue

OfcourseitsaNC · 27/02/2024 18:49

Had a one night hook up with an ex a few months back.

To quote

"why have you got sellotape on your bum?"

We both had a giggle at his lack of discretion on this!

Was also rather amusing when FWB woke up with my patch stuck to him.

Wakemeup17 · 28/02/2024 20:30

I used contraception patches so I couldn't take them off.
New partner was "what's this there"? "contraception" "wow, cool".
That was it.
Why would anyone have a problem with it?

Easterdaffsx · 28/02/2024 22:53

Why would you think this is an issue ?
Are you embarrassed that you are menopausal or feel the need to hide it ?
What happens if you are in. relationship with this person ?
Absolutely nothing wrong with being open and honest amd you

Tex111 · 29/02/2024 06:10

Thanks everyone. Just to update, I went without the patch in the end. I'm fine with being menopausal, no more fear of getting pregnant, but I hadn't been with anyone in 8 years and wearing the patch just felt like another thing to fret about. I don't know about anyone else but mine is always a bit grubby around the edges, which doesn't make me feel very sexy.

Now that I've had sex again (at last!), I feel more confident that everything still works properly and will be more comfortable leaving the patch on next time. Thanks so much for sharing your experiences.

OP posts:
DoIhavegreeneyes · 29/02/2024 07:12

@Tex111 After 8 years, Oh! how nice for you. Pleased it went well.

StarlightLady · 29/02/2024 11:04

OP, of course it works properly, 'pleased it went well for you. I don't think most men would even notice a patch to be honest. just go for what you feel is best next time. You have a lot of catching up to do.

acpk55 · 29/02/2024 18:41

StarlightLady · 29/02/2024 11:04

OP, of course it works properly, 'pleased it went well for you. I don't think most men would even notice a patch to be honest. just go for what you feel is best next time. You have a lot of catching up to do.

Oh yes you do notice them, obvious really

Tex111 · 11/03/2024 01:23

Another quick update: second time I slept with him, I left it on. He asked about it, had never seen one before, and that was it. Smile

OP posts:
LoveHikingRiding · 11/03/2024 01:29

Beautiful! I hope you continue to have fun. Sex after a long period can be daunting. Glad it is all working out for you

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.