My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

You need to have been registered for 7 days to post in the Sex forum. Please don’t send unwanted PMs to other users.

MNHQ have commented on this thread

Sex

Accelerated Change of Libido

10 replies

ChangedJunename · 14/06/2023 10:26

Asking for a friend! She is starting to feel a little bit guilty because her desire for sex has increased vastly. She endured a drought of about 4 years leading to divorce. Her 2 FWBs are not enough.
Am I right that this topic has been referred to in both Threads & Posts? Women in their forties and older developing a dramatic change in there libido. Any links or reading would be appreciated.

OP posts:
MMmomDD · 14/06/2023 11:34

Totally normal in peri menopause.
Tell your friend (😉) to enjoy.
Why should she feel guilty?
She might need to find more FWBs.

Likeaburstcouch · 14/06/2023 11:35

Did AI write this?

ChangedJunename · 14/06/2023 15:48

@MMmomDD , Thanks, the main point is that I would like to refer to some other posts and perhaps threads or other references to reassure her.
Any ideas?
She is not peri.

OP posts:
Yetanothernamechangeagain · 14/06/2023 16:20

What was she like before her marriage?

My libido tanked when I was married due to crap husband syndrome. I initially thought it was due to menopause but now I’m divorced and have a lovely boyfriend who treats me well everything is back working as it should.

ChangedJunename · 14/06/2023 16:29

@Yetanothernamechangeagain I didn't know her pre marriage. No sex for at least 3 years I think. and just not bothered. Do you remember any threads on here?

OP posts:
MMmomDD · 14/06/2023 18:45

@ChangedJunename

I don’t think there are that many threads on here on this issue. People mention ‘the surge’ and others say - yes, happened to me.
Most often it’s after sexless marriage; or bad-sex marriage. And in the 40s - it is definitely linked to peri (which is a long period, can be up to 10 years before the actual MP)
None of these are a cause of concern or a reason to be worried.

Why is she?

NorthGirl72 · 14/06/2023 19:23

Yetanothernamechangeagain · 14/06/2023 16:20

What was she like before her marriage?

My libido tanked when I was married due to crap husband syndrome. I initially thought it was due to menopause but now I’m divorced and have a lovely boyfriend who treats me well everything is back working as it should.

Crap husband syndrome 😂- I think I had that too!

NorthGirl72 · 14/06/2023 19:36

I was 45.
In a sexless marriage (over a decade of no action) - 2 reasons: (1) crap husband syndrome and (2) I realised I wasn’t attracted to him (he was ten years older).
Became horny as hell a few months after my periods suddenly stopped (abruptly) and, although I felt high as a kite on sex hormones, I couldn’t stand it. I couldn’t go near my husband and, by this point, knew/thought I’d never have sex again (even though I’d never had lovely, passionate sex before as, mentioned already, I had crap husband syndrome like pp said too).

I naturally, and instinctively, started chatting to men online and flirting in real life (which I’d never done before). Got chatting to a lovely guy (who is still in my life 6 years on) and the sexual chemistry between us is intense. It woke me up to a lot of issues in my marriage and I ended it once I had met said chat friend. I feel absolutely distraught that I stayed in a dead bedroom/affection-less marriage for over 20 years!!! I’ve missed out. It took the sex surge for this to happen.
I am still very sexual but I think I always was but just with the wrong man.

My intense feelings of fanny gallops (pardon the expression) did settle down after about 9 months but my life has changed forever!!

I had no idea about the sex surge of menopause until after all of the above was done!!

ChangedJunename · 14/06/2023 22:27

Thanks everyone for your remarks and observations.
I shall ask MN to close this now, I think my friend is reading this. Very kind of you to add your own personal experiences in a tactful way..

OP posts:
HebeMumsnet · 14/06/2023 22:51

We've closed this thread to new posts as the OP thinks their friend has probably had enough advice to contend with now. Thanks to all who offered their thoughts.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.