My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

You need to have been registered for 7 days to post in the Sex forum. Please don’t send unwanted PMs to other users.

Sex

Sharp pain during sex after episiotomy

6 replies

Beastlybeautiful · 28/01/2023 03:56

I'm 6 months postpartum and my episiotomy stitches have seemed to heal, however I feel like sharpness while having sex and my husband feels it too. I feel as though it's possibly due to my stitches not having been done properly or potentially opened ? . Sex is very unpleasant for me. help!

OP posts:
Rhondaa · 28/01/2023 10:12

What has your gp said? You must get examined and possibly referred to gynae if there's any undissolved sutures or wound issues. Does it look ok, any discharge?
Maybe ask for this to be moved to the general health board you may get more advice.

AlexaAdventuress · 28/01/2023 14:42

Yes, it's hard to offer a diagnosis over the internet. All sorts of things can happen as the body heals - scar tissue can build up and press on nerves, or there might be some sort of small unresolved wound. A friend of mine had this problem, and was able to have another small operation on the NHS which successfully fixed matters, fortunately. But the GP is the first port of call.

Beastlybeautiful · 28/01/2023 17:22

I'm 6 months postpartum and my episiotomy stitches have seemed to heal, however I feel like sharpness while having sex and my husband feels it too. I feel as though it's possibly due to my stitches not having been done properly or potentially opened ? . Sex is very unpleasant for me and I feel so uncomfortable for days after. Help

OP posts:
Rhondaa · 28/01/2023 17:32

Beastlybeautiful · 28/01/2023 17:22

I'm 6 months postpartum and my episiotomy stitches have seemed to heal, however I feel like sharpness while having sex and my husband feels it too. I feel as though it's possibly due to my stitches not having been done properly or potentially opened ? . Sex is very unpleasant for me and I feel so uncomfortable for days after. Help

Did you mean to repost your op? You need to see a gp and be examined. It could be anything and probably very easily fixed.

Beastlybeautiful · 29/01/2023 00:08

Oops sorry accident, I'll do that as soon as I just feels like either the stitches aren't done properly or have opened I'm not sure

OP posts:
AlexaAdventuress · 29/01/2023 08:17

Well, as above, try the GP. You might have to persist with them a little, but in the vast majority of cases this can be improved.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.