My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

You need to have been registered for 7 days to post in the Sex forum. Please don’t send unwanted PMs to other users.

Sex

Best Christmas Gift to Make wife feel sexy?

13 replies

Thisthatandtheotherthing · 20/11/2022 14:33

Since having children, my wife I think does not view herself as sexy at all. It's like that part if her has completely gone. She gained a little weight and just isn't happy with her body at the moment (even though she is stunning!).

I am wondering what I can do/get her for Christmas to help her? I think I was going to steer clear on lingerie because I don't want her to think that I'm buying it to cover her up or to MAKE her sexy if that makes sense.

Whats a gift that would make you feel sexy?
What's a gift that would turn you on?

OP posts:
phlaps · 20/11/2022 14:40

A cleaner twice a week. Even better if he's 6 foot 4 and called Sven.

B1rd · 20/11/2022 15:38

She's probably exhausted due to the children and having the extra responsibilities.
Extra hugs, words of comfort, assisting her with household tasks (if you don't already) or treatments, massage, spa day. A present which takes her away from the children, so she can be herself for a moment of time.

ISeeTrees · 20/11/2022 16:02

To put it bluntly, unfortunately you can't buy self esteem OP. If anything I'd go for @B1rd suggestions of things that take her away from the responsibilities and let's her feel like a woman in her own right again.

namechangesexboard · 20/11/2022 16:36

Weekend away somewhere luxurious, spa hotel? Time for her to do stuff she likes, and time for you both to enjoy each other away from the kids and home life distractions.

Sparkybloke · 20/11/2022 16:45

Probably cook the Christmas Dinner and wash up...😊

Annabananna1 · 20/11/2022 16:52

Yes, second the cleaner.
Nothing makes me feel sexier than a clean, tidy house and several less things to have to sort out.

Thisthatandtheotherthing · 20/11/2022 17:34

Thankyou for all of your comments.

To those suggesting I help around the house more, I already do all of those things.
@Sparkybloke I would not let her touch the Christmas Dinner even if she wanted to cook it haha.

A time away present is a good idea, I think I will look for tickets to go and see a show and a nice hotel stay.

OP posts:
MinimalPinimal · 20/11/2022 18:00

Maybe I'm unusual, but some really classy underwear from Agent P or Honey Birdette would make me feel.sexy.

Rieslinger · 21/11/2022 10:18

I would go with the whole selfish thing and send her away (if she can bear being away from the little ones), somewhere nice, somewhere she doesn't have to do anything other than be herself (hotel, spa, beach...whichever works for her)

Then you clean the house from top to bottom and I mean CLEAN, have a wonderful time with your kids and take lots of pics but don't send any unless she asks and then only a few, oh and did I say clean, yes really clean your home.

So one she will (hopefully) have a lovely time just being her and secondly when she returns there is no guilt because you are totally capable and she can then see it so if she wants to do it again whether on a little scale (coffee even with a friend)or big there are no hurdles to her doing her thing, feeling more the amazing woman that she is and with time...

Sorry no quick fix, time to step up and look after your other half cos she needs you to be you/father/partner so she has space to be her and sidle up alongside when she is ready.

Clearly this is just my twopenneth worth, good luck!!

lostincumbria · 21/11/2022 13:41

Poor fella comes on asking for advice and is immediately berated for his assumed lack of contribution to housework and cooking.

Thisthatandtheotherthing · 23/11/2022 12:27

@lostincumbria I must admit the assumption that I need to up my housework game is pretty patronising. We have a pretty equal household amd I already make sure the house is clean and I already give her lots of time to herself and take the kids off for the day alone.
But there has been some great advice in there too so thankyou everyone.

OP posts:
louisana1102 · 05/12/2022 06:08

a romantic dinner at a nice restaurant😀

Judeisnotobscure · 08/12/2022 10:31

How about fancy toiletries to pamper herself and some wine/ chocolates and a new toy …something like a Womaniser? Encourage her to reawaken the sexual side of herself, for herself, first. And continue to reassure her that she is still beautiful and sexy, her body has carried your children and you want to celebrate and adore her and make her feel good.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.