My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

You need to have been registered for 7 days to post in the Sex forum. Please don’t send unwanted PMs to other users.

Sex

To think men spend more time posting in this topic more than any other mn one?

25 replies

Gwdihooooo · 25/10/2022 19:02

I post in quite a few different topics in mn.

In all of the other topics I know it’s 99% women posting.

But in the sex thread it seems to mostly be men.

It puts me off posting any intimate queries in here if I’m honest.

OP posts:
Wherearemymarbles · 25/10/2022 19:28

Maybe
but maybe its the only one where they openly admit to being men
and it’s generally less vicious towards twats

B1rd · 25/10/2022 19:30

Checking in. Definitely a woman.

Gwdihooooo · 25/10/2022 19:59

Oh there are defo women on here. I just see more men than in other topics.

Maybe you’re right @Wherearemymarbles , or maybe they’re not interested in the other topics.

OP posts:
StarlightLady · 25/10/2022 21:08

I tend to post across a number of boards including this one. I don't name change and try to respond to people in a constructive way. I think it's important that other women are not detracted from posting here, so OP please do not hesitate.

PinotPony · 25/10/2022 21:16

They're men. They're interested in sex more than feminism, fashion or babies. 🤷🏻‍♀️

For every man who posts on the sex boards, I suspect there are another three lurking quietly. But this is an anonymous forum. Ask your questions. You'll get a lot of good advice from both women and men alike. And you're free to ignore anyone, male or female, who behaves like a dick.

B1rd · 25/10/2022 21:29

Because the input from men is actually welcomed in here. They give another view point. But if you ask a predominantly female question, you won't see a reply from a man, because it's not their forte!

cheshirebloke · 25/10/2022 22:02

I post all over MN, but I name change to something not obviously male a lot more in the other sections because it tends to cause less aggravation...

NoDatingForOldMen · 25/10/2022 22:07

I’m male and sometimes post answers on here, mostly for questions around male sexual issues strangely enough.

However I also think some ppl would be better posting on one of male health forums rather than this site to get more / better responses from men who have experience of whatever the issue in question was.

EndersGame · 25/10/2022 22:52

I mostly post in AIBU. Yes is the usual answer.

I do post here but only where the question is actually asking for a chaps perspective.

Anyway, have you seen the rest of the internet, this place is relatively sane compared to most of it, and this place has its moments.

YRGAM · 26/10/2022 07:08

I don't think it's a bad thing but it is quite noticeable. A lot of threads are 50% men stealth boasting about how great at sex they are

Estherpologist · 26/10/2022 07:20

The Sex board is probably one of the few gendered subjects that men take part in. No one cares about or notices the gender of a poster asking about mortgages or holidays, and I doubt many men take part in feminist or makep discussions.

I hate the fact that I find the number of men visible on the Sex board a little off putting, but I do. Men have just as many questions and answers on the subject and deserve a voice too. I think there is some hostility towards men, but there are also some rotten apples that justify that hostility.

Gwdihooooo · 26/10/2022 12:08

YRGAM · 26/10/2022 07:08

I don't think it's a bad thing but it is quite noticeable. A lot of threads are 50% men stealth boasting about how great at sex they are

I’m not saying it’s not necessarily a bad thing either. People on here have pointed out that they value man’s opinions. Which is fair.

But it does make me question intentions when Im they are noticeably on her more than any other topic.

I am probably wrong, just like some men have said. They are in other topics, but just don’t announce that they are men.

OP posts:
Gwdihooooo · 26/10/2022 12:11

Estherpologist · 26/10/2022 07:20

The Sex board is probably one of the few gendered subjects that men take part in. No one cares about or notices the gender of a poster asking about mortgages or holidays, and I doubt many men take part in feminist or makep discussions.

I hate the fact that I find the number of men visible on the Sex board a little off putting, but I do. Men have just as many questions and answers on the subject and deserve a voice too. I think there is some hostility towards men, but there are also some rotten apples that justify that hostility.

This is how I feel, and I’m not entirely sure why! Maybe it’s because of the amount of Dick head dh’s that come up in the relationships board?

Also, when I look at swingers clubs the membership/entry fee is always much higher for men. Which again makes me think that men have different intentions on here compared to women

OP posts:
Violet90 · 26/10/2022 21:16

I’m happy to see male input as long as men are respectful towards the women on the sex board.

Lindengericht · 26/10/2022 21:36

I name change very regularly purely because I comment on sex boards often and then get sleazy DM's from men.

Ugh.

If I wanted to sext I would advertise for someone to sext with, because I am an adult.

Whatliesbeneath707 · 26/10/2022 23:30

I'm female & I think it's really useful to hear the man's perspective. Many women will ask questions aimed at men so they can gauge what other men may think. I can't actually imagine what this board would be like without both perspectives. Quite often women will post about their lack of confidence with sex or allowing their partner to see them naked/or in certain sexual positions and the comments from the men are really kind & reassuring, in my opinion.
This comment has been made before, about why men do come on here & I can remember one male poster saying he did so in the hope of improving himself for his relationship, as it made him consider things from his wife's perspective. I think that's great.
I also think the questions we ask on here or discussions we have, cannot (mostly) be had freely in real life!
I hope you feel able to ask any questions you have OP.

Andypandy799 · 28/10/2022 15:15

After reading woman's opinions on many topics on mn it certainly has made me self reflect. Obviously the one thing a man wants to be good at is sex so any tips I get are welcome

notmyrealmoniker · 28/10/2022 20:32

💯 they do

StarlightSaga · 17/12/2022 01:37

As long as any men are not weird or creepy about it I like to get men’s opinions on sexual topics so it’s more realistic. Discussions in some sex topics in a non sex forum can sometimes take a peculiar turn with some women who don’t seem to have any interest in, enjoy or even like sex. I wouldn’t take any advice from women with those attitudes personally.

It’s hardly a mystery why this would be a popular topic with men tho’! And I imagine they appreciate a female perspective as much as we do a male.

saleorbouy · 17/12/2022 18:28

You can't really fathom the gender from the user names but on the sex board there are often topics where the input from both sexes is valid and useful especially in the context of heterosexual relationships. There opinions the merrier.

StarlightLady · 18/12/2022 12:06

I'm happy to see see male contributions, but many posts are from men, reviving very dated posts, with little coherency, during the small hours of the night.

SavoirFlair · 18/12/2022 13:56

I am female for what it’s worth but my god I agree @Gwdihooooo and it’s hilarious watching some of the earnest types with their dick in one hand replying to a woman about how much they like to give pleasure and ensure a woman cums first, or whatever

There are 200 or 300% more men in here than any other board on Mumsnet, why are so many men in here? They’re not asking questions either, they’re just waiting to answer… so weird

Don’t want to miss threads like this?

Weekly

Sign up to our weekly round up and get all the best threads sent straight to your inbox!

You've subscribed!

user278654 · 18/12/2022 14:11

Whatliesbeneath707 ·Thank you a very good answer. IMHO

PotteringPondering · 18/12/2022 15:17

Yes, there do seem to be a far higher proportion of men posting here than elsewhere on the site.

What I find a bit creepy is how many of their comments are about sex clubs, group sex, swinging, kink etc. Not to mention their sexual prowess.

It's good to hear thoughtful male perspectives. But sex clubs, threesomes al fresco and the like are at one end of a spectrum, and not remotely the experience of most men.

It's valuable to have a space for honest discussions around all aspects of sex, including its more exotic corners.

But OP and SavoirFlair are right: it can feel icky. A corner where people lurk in the bushes, red-faced and grunting.

figmaofmyimagination · 18/12/2022 23:04

Female here. I tend to skip past the threads about things like swinging etc so I’ve no idea what’s posted in them, but I generally find the men who post on the more “normal” sex threads to be pretty kind and reassuring.

I don’t know if they also post elsewhere, cos their sex wouldn’t necessarily be relevant in other topics so it might look more skewed than it is… I’m not really bothered either way tbh.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.