My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

You need to have been registered for 7 days to post in the Sex forum. Please don’t send unwanted PMs to other users.

Sex

Zero Libido

4 replies

c0vb1rd · 20/04/2021 15:56

Hi,

I've been with my partner 21years. And over the that time my libido has been on and off. More off if I'm honest. In particular in the last year it's been zero which equates to zero sexs. My partner has stopped trying and I don't really blame him.

I feel crap about it and I'm embarrassed to the doctors to address it. I've also tried herbal remedy that hasn't worked.

When I talk to my other half about it usually turns into a very big argument. For me a relationship is more than just sexs and generally we agree on other things and rarely argue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

OP posts:
HoneyRose87 · 20/04/2021 16:29

I’m not sure how old you are but it could very well be related to changes, like the menopause.
Do you want to have sex again? If so, I think an honest chat with your doctor would help.
I can also understand the frustration on your partners side, as a healthy sex life is fundamental to a relationship.

c0vb1rd · 20/04/2021 17:57

Thank you replying. I will be 44 in a few months. I also have hypothyroidism but my energy levels are ok as my meds are working.

OP posts:
Whatliesbeneath707 · 20/04/2021 18:05

Hi @c0vb1rd. There is definitely a link between thyroid hormones, stress hormones & sex hormones.

This link might explain it hypothyroidmom.com/a-balancing-act-between-your-adrenals-thyroid-sex-hormones/

c0vb1rd · 20/04/2021 18:27

Thanks @Whatliesbeneath707 I'll had a read. Interesting.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.