My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

You need to have been registered for 7 days to post in the Sex forum. Please don’t send unwanted PMs to other users.

Sex

Help me improve my sex life

6 replies

Lsquiggles · 27/01/2020 16:35

My partner and I are both late twenties, been together 4 years and have a 6 month old DD. Like most couples in our first year we were doing it like rabbits but over the years we've been doing it less and less to the point where its once a week if that. Our DD sleeps through the night (we're very lucky) but even still we are so knackered of an evening (him working full time and me on maternity leave with a screaming teething baby) and have no time in the morning to have sex either. I've gained a bit of weight over the years so don't feel comfortable being on top anymore (sorry tmi) but really want to improve our sex life as its so predictable and routine. What really spiced up your sex life?

OP posts:
Justaordinarybloke · 27/01/2020 19:16

Put a naughty note in his lunchbox telling him what you'd like him to do to you/you'd like to do to him....will drive him crazy all day.

zarek · 27/01/2020 19:34

The early years of child rearing take a fearsome toll on sex life, for all the reasons you suggest. There are no two ways about it. It does recover substantially once they are older. For me just having a plan for it and some anticipation spiced things up. Making a bit of effort for each other, being loving, having some time alone together, even a lunch date, reminiscing about when you were first together etc.. Good luck

Mummysarah12 · 27/01/2020 21:54

I just posted something similar before I read this post! I’m in the same boat,10 month old baby & no sex life. I am just exhausted all the time. So sorry i cannot offer advice, just sympathy x

AverageGuy · 28/01/2020 08:27

OP [flowers}, and two words - Baby sitters... Smile

It's not easy, but do try to make time for each other.

Although my initial comment is tongue in cheek, see if your family will look after little one for a night (I know how scary the first night away is!), book a local hotel (so that you can get back if things go pear shaped (they won't!)), and use the time to re-discover each other.

As a pp said, things get easier as they get older, but then you might always be worrying that they can hear you...

Bamboo15 · 30/01/2020 21:12

We’ve found it helpful to look at day time sex - a quickie in the kitchen during nap time while we both have some energy. Just the change of location have mad etchings a bit more fun with limited effort!

Longsight2019 · 02/02/2020 08:12

Take charge by surprising him with a passionate kiss and a few suggestive comments and if he’s anything like most men, he’ll respond and you’ll have good sex there and then.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.