My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

You need to have been registered for 7 days to post in the Sex forum. Please don’t send unwanted PMs to other users.

Sex

Sex after hysterectomy

3 replies

feelingleftout · 06/08/2017 12:23

I had hysterectomy 3 years ago (cervix removed, ovaries left) due to 15 years of heavy periods/2 weeks bleeding/fibroids.

It has transformed my day to day life and I haven't started menopause.

All good so far, but it has destroyed my sex life
Sad

I haven't lost any lubrication and clitoral stimulation is fine. But I have lost my orgasm. I still feel something but not the throbbing, pulsating wash all over me feeling. I'm guessing this is due to no cervix.

I feel robbed. It was never discussed that it would affect me in this way.

It is affecting my sex life because I'm so sad when I come and I feel like I only have 10% of what I used to experience. It's the same whether I'm on my own or with my partner.

I'm actively avoiding sexual contact with my DP as a result because it is just so disappointing when I feel almost nothing.

Has anyone else experienced this? And how did you get past it?

OP posts:
feelingleftout · 06/08/2017 19:34

Just a little bump to see if anyone else has experienced this

OP posts:
Isadora2007 · 06/08/2017 22:02

Sorry you're experiencing this. A sexual relationship therapist could be of help I believe, maybe contact Relate?
Perhaps having some support to process the feelings and sadness could be important for you.
I'm sorry I can't be of any further help.

feelingleftout · 06/08/2017 22:29

Thank you Isadora. I think you are right about needing to talk about it.

DP saw me looking at this post today and asked me why I looked so sad. So we've had a conversation about it. We'd both hoped that the lack of feeling was due to the same numbness I experienced around the external scar but I'm facing up to that this is the way it is now.

He said he can't imagine what it feels like and that I should, as you have suggested, speak to someone about the sense of loss I'm feeling.

Thank you for taking the time to reply Smile

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.