My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Connect with other parents whose children are starting secondary school on this forum.

Secondary education

SW London independent schools - adhd friendly?

2 replies

razzmatazz28 · 28/02/2024 16:07

My DD is in primary and she has adhd. She's doing well-ish academically although she does need extra help due to poor attention span and lack of organisation skills.

We have started looking at secondary options in SW London but feel so lost. Many schools advertise that they "celebrate" neurodiversity but it is very hard to know whether it's just one of those marketing slogan or they are genuinely supportive and tolerant towards them.

I looked at ISC reports of each school to find out the number of SEND children, whether the school has a head of neurodiversity and how many SENCOs they have etc. Is there any other factors I should be looking at?  

I'd like to hear first hand experiences from parents - are you happy with your school’s SEND provision? Can you recommend, or not recommend, your DC’s school? 

Feel free to PM me too if you prefer. Thanks.

OP posts:
alpacastacker · 29/02/2024 13:06

Have a look at kingswood house in Epsom. Buses from wimbledon/Raynes Park and easy commute on train from Clapham junction. Lovely nurturing inclusive school and high proportion of well supported children who are neurodiverse and/or need SEN support.

razzmatazz28 · 29/02/2024 13:38

alpacastacker · 29/02/2024 13:06

Have a look at kingswood house in Epsom. Buses from wimbledon/Raynes Park and easy commute on train from Clapham junction. Lovely nurturing inclusive school and high proportion of well supported children who are neurodiverse and/or need SEN support.

Thank you for your suggestion. I'm having a look now.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.