Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Get the spark back after a baby

willwewontwe · 28/06/2022 01:12

We have a great relationship, very happy. We have an almost one year old and I think it was while I was pregnant that we got into the habit of just not having sex. I was quite happy with this while pregnant, it happened a handful of times in the 9 months. Our baby sleeps great so that isn’t an issue but now we get into our seperate sides of the bed in the dark, he goes to sleep before me usually but if anything happens it’s me that initiates it, quick 10 minutes and it’s over for another few weeks. This routine is becoming really quite dull though, it’s good when it does happen but just hardly ever does and sometimes I’m lying there trying to gee myself up to try and initiate it but just can’t be bothered 🙄

It really came to my attention when we went on holiday and we were half way through the holiday and he hadn’t even attempted to come over to my side of the bed. How do I break out of this boring cycle? Really want to completely change it up 🤷🏼‍♀️

OP's posts:
Please
or

brookln · 28/06/2022 01:21

Are you both still attracted to each other?

Please
or

willwewontwe · 28/06/2022 01:26

@brookln yes, he still comes over and kisses me etc during the day, it’s just getting anything to actually happen that’s the issue

OP's posts:
Please
or

Twopandemicpregnancies · 28/06/2022 01:30

we have two kids (one toddler, one 4 months) and are similar. Breastfeeding makes me dry as a bone, and we are always knackered and/or ill with the latest infection the toddler has brought back from nursery. I imagine our sex life returning in a few years!

Please
or

Bollindger · 28/06/2022 07:42

Talk yourself into a happier mood.
Play songs you like pamper yourself.
Just love yourself.
Then see if he notices.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.