Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Relationship ending after 6 months

Casper10 · 27/06/2022 21:35

Hi

So just a general question. If after 6 months you think a relationship is at its end what would you say is the cleanest way of ending it. No real ill feeling just seems to have run its course.

OP's posts:
Please
or

ScorpioTwinkle1 · 27/06/2022 21:45

I would explain to the person why it is ending to avoid any confusion. Depends if they will have seen it coming or not. Would they have expected it eg cheating etc or is this just how you feel?

Please
or

Casper10 · 27/06/2022 22:01

No cheating or anything like that

OP's posts:
Please
or

ScorpioTwinkle1 · 27/06/2022 22:08

OP you've not given much context to your situation, however if no wrong doing were involved and your feelings has simply changed, then you can simply sit them down and tell them you no longer feel the same and why. There's always the why. If there is no why, you can tell him that as well.

Please
or

Watchkeys · 28/06/2022 09:49

Talk about your feelings, rather than anything about them. Don't leave them with a feeling they did something wrong or that they're somehow deficient. 'I feel we have some incompatibilities' is nice.

Please
or

Scabbyknackers · 28/06/2022 13:39

If you've been seeing each other regularly still then I would go round in person, give them a heads up you want to talk so they don't look forward to a date, then explain how you've had a lovely time getting to know them, they're great but unfortunately you don't feel that it's going to progress any further so would like to leave things as they are. All the very best etc...

If it's fizzled and you don't see each other much then a call to say the same is fine.

Say how you feel rather than how they're not a good fit.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.