Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What's great about your OH?

sunshinedaisysky · 27/06/2022 16:40

What do you love about them? How do they show you how they feel? What do they bring to the table?

I ask as someone who sometimes struggles when asked what I love/like about my partner. Not a bad guy by any means but I feel quite indifferent!

OP's posts:
Please
or

ZaZathecat · 27/06/2022 16:53

He talks about everything. No misunderstandings, no lack of communication. He is very supportive of anything I do and builds up my confidence. Together 30 years.

Please
or

D0lphine · 27/06/2022 16:55

We have shared life goals. He is funny and clever. He isn't intimidated by my good job. He is respectful and has good morals. He is faithful and considerate. He does his share of housework and wants the house to look nice. We share a sense of humour. He works hard towards our goals.

He did drink the last can of Diet Coke today, but I will forgive him in time Grin

Please
or

BringBackCoffeeCreams · 27/06/2022 17:00

He has an extremely high pressure, important job but his children still come first. He could have a meeting booked in with world leaders but he'd still drop it if the kids or I were ill and needed him.

He leaves the house at 5.30 every morning and before he goes he sets up the coffee machine for me to make my life easier.

I love him because he's the most caring person I've ever met.

Please
or

Heretochill · 27/06/2022 17:02

His wife 😁

Please
or

MrszClaus · 27/06/2022 17:21

He is my best friend! He's the kindest and calmest person I know, shares everything he has without a second thought, is totally selfless, thoughtful, cares about me more than anything and is absolutely hilarious. 8 years in (I know it's not long by mumsnet standards!) and he's amazing every single day. He might be annoying sometimes, but he's never raised his voice to me or sworn at me, and I know I'm definitely more annoying than he is!

It's the little things like today I came home to a totally clean house and my favourite snacks in, because he knew I'd had a rough morning at work. He'd put out my pjs and got me food for tomorrow when he's gone and even sorted out my pile of things I'd dumped on my desk this morning on my way out of the door! He just makes me happy every day.

Please
or

Cervinia · 27/06/2022 17:26

He’s extremely generous, Very easy going, let’s me have my own way entirely and can be quite funny.

he’s tonnes of faults though 😂

Please
or

ImInStealthMode · 27/06/2022 17:32

He's my favourite person in the world, he pulls far more than his weight at home, is better than I am at communicating so any little annoyances or misunderstandings are talked out and solved before they become big things, he's thoughtful and kind when it comes to our family and friends, gently encourages me out my (lifelong) tendency to be a bit lazy when needed, and there's absolutely nothing he wouldn't do for me.

He also makes me a coffee every morning to wake up to, he makes both of our lunches to take to work every day, and he's bought me flowers on the day of the month that we met every month since then.

I married him last month and it's the single best decision I've ever made in my life.

Please
or

AmazingBouncingFerret · 27/06/2022 17:39

He likes the same things as I do.
He gives excellent foot rubs when I’ve been on my feet all day.
He’s quiet.
He’s hardworking.
He’s kind.
He’s good looking.
He’s rich.
Grin

Please
or

Onlyrainbows · 27/06/2022 17:41

He's effing hot

Please
or

goldfinchonthelawn · 27/06/2022 17:46

He's a kind man and a good one. He's calm and stable. He's a brilliant dad. He's very witty.

We have a lot in common. We enjoy doing stuff together so we have fun when we're out and about, and have lots to talk about and many exciting plans for the future.

He's affectionate. He loves snuggling together on the sofa. He gives great bear hugs.

He's generous.

He's a great cook and does most of the cooking now.

Please
or

frozendaisy · 27/06/2022 17:47

His domestic standards are considerably lower than mine! (Result...😉) as in clean socks might as well appear by magic. So he thinks everything I do is super.

Please
or

LadyGardenersQuestionTime · 27/06/2022 17:48

He has an amazingly generous spirit, doesn't take himself too seriously, is good at talking about feelings, shares my sense of humour and thinks I'm wonderful.

Please
or

Buythebag40 · 27/06/2022 17:59

He is great in bed and very unselfish. My pleasure comes first to him.

He is very hard working and generous money-wise and spoils me - he never pulls his face when I spend loads on clothes etc. He isn't bothered about material things himself.

He makes me laugh often.

He compliments me all the time and never puts me down - he tells me how beautiful I am all the time. He is secure enough in himself and our relationship to be able to build me up - I have gained so much confidence since being with him.

He holds my hand when we're reading in bed every night (sometimes it's tricky turning the page 😂) and is tactile but not in a smarmy way.

But most of all, he is a wonderful father and a family man. Our dc's are his world and he is never happier than when myself and the dc's are all together with him. I couldn't deal with a partner who went off doing "hobbies" at the weekend instead of being with his family - I love the fact he'd rather be with us than anywhere else.

Please
or

Eliveonline · 27/06/2022 18:00

Literally nothing.

Please
or

PatsyJStone · 27/06/2022 18:04

Very easygoing, fun, sociable, kind, generous, hard working, loving. He's not perfect, but he was worth waiting for Smile

Please
or

slowcookerforone · 27/06/2022 18:05

As a long-term singleton I have these threads, so lovely that you all have found someone lovely.

Please
or

slowcookerforone · 27/06/2022 18:05

LOVE these threads

Please
or

Ratched · 27/06/2022 18:07

Eliveonline · 27/06/2022 18:00

Literally nothing.

Ditto

Please
or

Fuzzyhippo · 27/06/2022 18:31

I never see him, it means I get lots of time for myself and my animals. Love it 😂

Please
or

Crispynoodle · 27/06/2022 18:33

He cooks every meal and washes every bit of clothing and he's effing hot!

Please
or

Spanielsarepainless · 27/06/2022 18:34

He lays the table for supper, washes up after the meal and unloads the dishwasher, without drawing attention to it.
Also kind and reliable.

Please
or

trevthecat · 27/06/2022 18:39

Everything he does is for me and the kids. He works so hard, he is also doing the house up. He makes me laugh so hard it hurts.
After so many years, I still get butterflies when his van pulls onto the drive.

Please
or

SallyWD · 27/06/2022 18:40

He is kind, fair and reasonable. He's a real family man - takes good care of us all and also is very caring and close to his mum and siblings.

Please
or

Thatsnotmypig · 27/06/2022 18:45

I love spending time with him. I love just being with him. He is kind, funny and gets on with everyone. He is the best partner and dad. He loves our daughter and that's the thing I love the most about him. He does his share of childcare and working and housework. He respects me and would do pretty much anything for me. He's gorgeous and I'm lucky to have him.

Please
or

thebigOfinallyhappened · 27/06/2022 18:51

He just really loves me. He has my back all the time and is a shoulder to cry on. He would do anything to help me
And often goes above and beyond. That said he has room for improvement when it comes to being tidy etc but he's 100% a decent guy and I'm thankful for him

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.