Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Parent facing travel stroller from newborn

sophie2022 · 12/01/2022 08:09

Hello! I'm looking for recommendations on the best parent facing travel stroller suitable for my two month old. We will be travelling to Spain for two weeks.

Must haves:

• Parent facing option
  • Suitable from newborn without extra attatchments
  • Reasonably compact for air travel

Bonus:
  • Reasonably priced
  • Compact enough to fit in airplane overhead luggage compartment

From my research I think the baby zen yo-yo with newborn pack ticks all of our boxes except the price tag. As this will not be our main travel system looking for something similar at a lower price point. Any tips or reccomendations would be greatly appreciated Smile
OP's posts:
Please
or

Thoosa · 12/01/2022 08:31

I’m not sure how expensive the zen yo-yo is. Is this just as bad for price?

www.johnlewis.com/cybex-eezy-s-twist-2-pushchair/soho-grey/p5123257

It does seem £££s. There did used to be cheaper patent facing strollers. Not sure what happened.

Please
or

sophie2022 · 12/01/2022 08:48

@Thoosa

I’m not sure how expensive the zen yo-yo is. Is this just as bad for price?

www.johnlewis.com/cybex-eezy-s-twist-2-pushchair/soho-grey/p5123257

It does seem £££s. There did used to be cheaper patent facing strollers. Not sure what happened.

Thank you for your response! The Babyzen YoYo pack we would need comes in at around £550-£600, so on the pricey end.

This Cybex stroller had also caught my eye but on the Cybex website it says only suitable from newborn with an extra bassinet attachment which wouldn't be ideal for us travelling. Have contacted Cybex to confirm as online retailers seem to say it's ready to go from newborn.
OP's posts:
Please
or

Saynotopineappleonpizza2021 · 12/01/2022 08:49

Look for a YoYo second hand maybe?

Please
or

sophie2022 · 12/01/2022 12:00

@Saynotopineappleonpizza2021

Look for a YoYo second hand maybe?

Thank you - yes that is definitely an option. I was hoping I could get something new based on any recommendations at the second hand retail price of the YoYo (Still £300-£400 used)
OP's posts:
Please
or

Caspianberg · 12/01/2022 15:42

You can use the babyzen with car seat for younger child if your just using for 2 weeks travel. From about 4 months I would be happy using the main seat in it. That would save a lot on the newborn pack extra, especially as not main pram.

Ds used the babyzen from about 7months as travel buggy, and it’s fine just forward facing. So easy to use. His main pram was still parent facing at that point but he didn’t seem bothered.
Any that face parent can’t be as small due to how they fold tbh.

Please
or
Please
or

hulahoopqueen · 14/01/2022 08:30

Is hiring the yo-yo and bassinet set an option for you? Plenty of companies offer hire options for just this sort of thing Smile

Please
or

peaches19 · 14/01/2022 08:32

Uppababy Minu with the bassinet is good

Please
or

surreymum89 · 16/01/2022 14:17

Buy the yoyo new and get the newborn pack second hand ?, the whole newborn pack materials are washable so will be clean etc.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.