Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Is a carry cot a must? If not, which lightweight pram/stroller do you recommend?

Hope54321 · 09/08/2020 13:08

Hi guys,

In a bit of a dilemma here. Is it extremely important to use a carry cot for a newborn, or is a fully reclining pram sufficient? If a fully reclining pram is sufficient, which one would you recommend? I live in London and am a very small person lol, so would prefer something lightweight.

Also, how long are babies able to use the carry cot for? It seems most babies outgrow the carry cot by a few months.

Thanks for your help.

OP's posts:
Please
or

teaandlotusbiscoff · 09/08/2020 13:11

Carrycot isn’t necessary, as long as the pushchair seat reclines flat. Depends on the type of pushchair as the bucket style seats won’t be able to fit a newborn as well as something with a fully lie-flat seat. Some babies don’t like the carrycot anyway!

Please
or

Newdaynewname1 · 09/08/2020 13:11

Carrycots are overrated. 2 kids, never bad one, never missed one. We had a bugaboo bee with the cocoon, and ut worked well.

Please
or

teaandlotusbiscoff · 09/08/2020 13:13

Do you have a budget? As you’re in London BabyZen YoYo would be great, but it does have a carrycot to parent face for the first few months. The Bugaboo ant is slightly cheaper I believe (than buying the newborn for Yoyo) and can parent face and lie flat for newborns

Please
or

ShyTown · 09/08/2020 13:15

For London I wouldn’t bother with a carrycot. They’re kind of a pain if you take public transport or need it to fit in a small car because the carrycot has to come off before you can fold the frame. I’d look for something lightweight with a suitable from birth newborn cocoon instead. I have the Babyzen YoYo which is great but the Bugaboo Bee is another good option to consider.

Please
or

Jargo · 10/08/2020 17:25

Icandy Raspberry
Bugaboo Bee
Bugaboo Ant
Babyzen Yoyo (very flimsy though)

Please
or

PeachPotato · 10/08/2020 20:56

I have a cyber eezy s twist if you want parent facing longer term but I’ve heard the handles are a bit longer if you’re shorter than average (I’m 5ft 6 and it’s fine). I bought a foot rest for it from eBay.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.