Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Compact parent facing stroller -help!

frenchfries22 · 12/08/2019 20:24

I need help I have been researching for days and its driving me mad!
I currently have a Quinny Buzz used for two previous DC and loved the wheels and robustness of it. We've moved to London and now have a 5 month old and the Quinny is just too big for public transport. I'm looking for a compact parent facing buggy but cant seem to find anything suitable, all the wheels look so flimsy! The icandy Raspberry was on my list but now I'm not sure since one review said it wasnt good on the tube and was flimsy, I ordered a mamas and papas armadillo but have decided i still want parent facing. Can anyone suggest any? I have read so many reviews and searched though which? But cant seem to find everything in one buggy.
Thank you

OP's posts:
Please
or

PotolBabu · 12/08/2019 20:35

The Bugaboo Ant? (The new one) or the Bee? Mine has been used for 7 years in London and is still going strong. I never needed a second lighter stroller.

Please
or

bugeyedbarber · 12/08/2019 20:42

Bugaboo Bee. It's front facing for when you need it and then turns into a stroller later. Perfect for London
Transport. Loved that I could take it up with DD in it up and down the stairs as it's so light. Never bothered with McLaren or a separate toddler stroller as it's multi use.

I'd get Ant if it were around two years ago as it looks amazing.

Please
or

frenchfries22 · 12/08/2019 21:03

Thank you I will check the Bugaboo Bee out. the Ant looks great for travelling but I need something for everyday so a bit more comfortable I think. How does the Bee do up and down stairs? Our nursery has a lot of steps and i normally bump the Quinny easily up and down.

OP's posts:
Please
or

bugeyedbarber · 12/08/2019 23:25

There is a compromise. Bee is not a bumping up and down the stairs type of buggy. However, I always took it up and down with DD in as the buggy itself only weighs 8kg or something. If I'm feeling strong I still do it now even though DD is 14kgs Grin

It's a fantastic buggy/stroller but there are trade offs.

Btw. Another great thing about Bee is the roomy basket for such a small pram. I'm always amazed how much can be crammed into it. A lot of other small buggies compromise on that.

Please
or

Threeminis · 12/08/2019 23:34

Quinny zapp extra. Not so good for bumping up and down stairs but I used to carry ours with ds in it as it was so light. Folded up really small too.

Please
or

frenchfries22 · 12/08/2019 23:55

I've had a Quinny zapp before which was fine and yes does go down really small I will look again. I dont know why I'm struggling to get my head around the wheels not being sturdy enough. I've just seen the icandy lime which looks nice but I dont need the carrycot. It's just so easy to get carried away isn't it!

OP's posts:
Please
or

HarrietM87 · 13/08/2019 00:00

Another bee vote here. DS is 16 months and still mostly parent facing - I love being able to chat to him when we’re out and about. The babyzen yoyo is really popular but it’s not parent facing after 6 months which I think is a major downside. I can just about manage carrying child in buggy (he’s 11kg) up and down tube steps alone.

Please
or

frenchfries22 · 13/08/2019 00:54

Thank you so the Bugaboo Bee is a serious contender. How does it fair in the park, is it easy to push over grass? Basket space sounds great, the Quinny I have is very limited I can just about fit a small changing mat in. Going to try and get to a mothercare to try one out

OP's posts:
Please
or

frenchfries22 · 13/08/2019 15:50

I got into mothercare today and managed to see them all.
The Raspberry is so narrow I was really surprised I cant imagine that would last. The Bee looks good I just have a few niggles, I didn't really like the fabric of the hood but it looked like the grey material was different, can anyone confirm? It does feel really low to the ground where as the Raspberry is higher which I prefer. Having said that my 5 year old fits in to the Bee comfortably although it's onviously harder to push him in it, at least I know it would last. The Raspberry is a definite no. I tried the Lime too but that felt really heavy. I was shown a Cybex but it looked like a toy the wheels were so small. I think it's going to have to be the bee, can I ask what age you started using yours from? I didn't get a chance to put the baby in it as she was asleep in the sling so couldn't see how protected she would be, shes very snug in our current buggy. Not sure whether to stick it out and wait and just use the sling all the time when we are using bus and train although my back is not great or just go for the bee.

OP's posts:
Please
or

bugeyedbarber · 13/08/2019 17:22

I used bee from birth without carry cot. I just had the seat on flat and a cocoon.

By 5 months DD was facing to me with a cocoon (bought separately) and seat at an angle as she was very nosey.

I've a dark khaki coloured one with waterproof hood. By the way, bee hood is amazing as it creates a proper dome and was really practical on windy days.

You can mix and match the fabrics.

I got my Bee from Pramworld very reasonably as it was the last of Bee3 when they were pushing Bee5.

But if I were to do it again I'd go for lightly used second hand from eBay. There are a lot of good bargains on as Bee's target audience started going mad for BabyZen YoYo. Have a look.

Please
or

PeachPotato · 20/08/2019 15:44

I have the cybex eezy s twist, it does look like a toy pram but is so bloody brilliant I don’t care! It’s so handy having such a tiny pram that I don’t care that it’s hard to tip up kerbs and useless off road (fine enough on grass). I’ve got the sling for that. When I get out my big off roader now (a baby jogger versa) it seems excessively large and heavy!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.