Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

To double or not to double!?

LMW1992 · 10/04/2019 22:07

Hi all, any advice would be appreciated ...
My daughter is 2 in June and I am due to have my second child early sept. I am having such a dilemma about whether or not I need to purchase a double buggy / stroller or a buggy board. My Daughter is a good walker but does still need her buggy throughout the day and we like to go out a lot! Really in two minds about this, has anyone got any experience? Thank you in advance!

OP's posts:
Please
or

GinMama1 · 17/04/2019 16:06

Following as we will have a similar age gap and I'm not sure what to do!

Please
or

HeadsDownThumbsUpEveryone · 17/04/2019 16:11

I would have thought a buggy board would be a better option, she's not going to need it for too much longer so it seems excessive to get a double buggy.

The only reason I would get a double buggy in your situation is if you were planning on having a third child with a small gap between 2/3 as then it would probably be more cost effective to get the double.

Please
or

Augustwedding · 17/04/2019 16:13

We had a 2.8 year age gap and couldn’t do without our double for long days out. Our older child still gets tired and needs a ride sometimes. Also if you have a bolter it’s good to have something to strap them down in!

We have a side by side city jogger mini. Also look at mountain buggy duet and out and about nipper.

Good luck and congratulations. Having two is hard but lovely.

Please
or

Woolly17 · 17/04/2019 16:13

Same dilemma here DD is 2 in June and I'm due early Oct. Tandem buggy or buggy board???

Please
or

Byebyefriend · 17/04/2019 16:22

I bought a double with just 2 year gap, now 5 months down the line I don't really need it. I'd hold off until you find you do need one (unless you see a bargain second hand) you can always research which one you'd get if you do decide you need one.

I have a donkey and I like that I can swap between single/double/single pram mode. Rarely have it out as a double but often swap between pram with buggy board/toddler walking or sling baby and pushchair seat. If I'd had a permanent double I think I would of gone back to my single already. Can the pushchair you have now swap easily between toddler/baby mode?

Please
or

ListenLinda · 17/04/2019 16:25

I’m due my second baby next week and we just recently got a double pram/buggy. Only because my oldest can’t walk far yet and probably would be a bolter so i’ll get the use out of it!

It’s your preference though, mine would look at me daft if I asked her to use a buggy board.

Please
or

angel0071987 · 17/04/2019 16:33

Maybe get a buggy board that has a seat option. Would be cheaper and then can take seat off and use as regular board when bit more grown up

Please
or

EverythingNow · 17/04/2019 16:42

I had a 17m gap between my dc2 and 3 and I had a babyjogger city mini double too.
Dd2 was a great walker, she walked at 10.5m but not always at the pace or in the direction I wanted to go. Obviously she was 6m younger than your daughter will be but I also found it so useful to coordinate the 2 naps. Dd2 was a pickle and could climb out of her cot from about 19m at which point naps stopped. Taking them both for a long dog walk after Lunch let me have about an hour of peace a day for about 6months.

Buggyboards are great but only for children who will happily sit or stand on them (I had a fab ride on called a kid sit too) but I think a buggy like the babyjogger which is narrow and folds small is great even if you pick up one second hand.

Please
or

stucknoue · 17/04/2019 16:47

Same gap, I bought a reclining buggy suitable from 3 months (used a front carrier before that).

Please
or

RaspberryBubblegum · 17/04/2019 16:52

We have a sit n stand stroller. It converts to just a seat/standing board at the back for that awkward in between stage!
www.amazon.com/Baby-Trend-Double-Stroller-Elixer/dp/B003JTF2U2?tag=mumsnetforu03-21

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.