Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Choosing between Silvercross Wave/Coast/Pioneer and Bugaboo Camelion

Londonmamma22 · 27/12/2018 00:04

Hello,
We are expecting our first child in Feb and I am very confused choosing a pram/pushchair - any advice is very much appreciated.
We live in central London in a first floor flat - the house doesn’t have a lift but neighbours leave their prams on the ground floor. Also the car is generally parked out side so I am planning to lift the frame in and out of the car on a regular basis plus get it on the bus and in the black cabs sometimes. It’s our first child but we are hoping to have a second one in the next 2-3 years. Finally we will probably buy a second Yo-yo pram for travelling abroad (ans tube) so a very light weight version will be available. Pram/pushchair will be mainly used for walking on the streets, in London parks, also for cafes I suppose.
I love the look and feel of Silvercross Wave bit it seems rather heavy - putting it in the car or getting in a restaurant might be a pain. Pioneer is very lightweight so it’s an option but then will we need to buy a new pram is the second baby comes along? Finally Coast seems to be a great middle ground - lighter than Wave but with all the functionality (didn’t seem as pretty though). And finally Bugaboo Cameleon seems to get all the praise online - haven’t seen it in real life yet.
Huge thanks for any advice and guidance

OP's posts:
Please
or

Sleather · 28/12/2018 21:36

I had the same dilemma. You're right, Wave was so heavy and when I tried it and the new Coast I didn't like the positioning of the 2nd seat when you convert it to a tandem. I think the front seat seems too low and sticks out too much. I'm sure it's perfectly safe but just looks precarious. I didn't like the bugaboo as it was wide and we live in street where everyone parks on the pavement and a double pram would never fit. In the end I went for the Pioneer, it's the Orkney special edition currently on offer in John Lewis. I just think I'll cross the need for a tandem pram bridge if/when I come to it and get something like the Mychild Sienta Duo.

Please
or

Londonmamma22 · 28/12/2018 23:09

Thank you for taking your time to reply. Hope you will enjoy Pioneer - will check out the edition :)

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.