Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Alternative to a maclaren

MissesBloom · 04/09/2018 00:48

Can anyone point me in the direction of a very lightweight stroller suitable for an almost 3 year old.

We have a maclaren triumph atm, and also an out n about nipper. Day to day I want something I can sling in the back of our car for when dd falls asleep (which she often does in the day). The maclaren isn't great to push, and I've been looking at the baby zen yoyo. Is this suitable for a nearly 3 year old? She's not huge so don't see her size being an issue but it is so bloody expensive.

Wondering if the mountain buggy nano might be better?

What are the best alternatives to a maclaren?

Criteria is :

Folds up small

Can take an older child

Lightweight

Easy to push

Good size hood would be a huge advantage.

Thanks in advance

OP's posts:
Please
or

happymummy12345 · 04/09/2018 01:17

We had a silver cross pioneer that I loved. However at 2 and a half ds was too tall for the seat, so we got a silver cross pop.
It's lightweight and easy to push (as easy as those type strollers/ buggies are. I'm not a fan of any of those type really).
Ds is 3 this Wednesday and has plenty of room.
It's small and easy to carry folded (especially with the carry handle. Though we don't drive so never fold it ourselves, we have seen it folded down).
The hood is a good size, and can be unzipped for extra cover.
All in all it's very good.

Please
or

ellybo · 04/09/2018 09:44

Nano would be good. Maximum load is 44lb. Yoyo is more fiddly and max 33lb

Please
or

eliniatko · 04/09/2018 09:53

I personally think that a Yoyo is not tha spacious to take a big child. Quinny Yezz? I know, the design is not for everyone, but it's small and very nimble yet there is enough space.

Please
or

Spudlet · 04/09/2018 09:57

We have a Silver Cross Zest and it's excellent. Plenty big enough for tall DS, good weight limit, folds up with one hand and small enough to go in the boot of a Fiat 500.

Please
or

SauvignonBlah · 04/09/2018 10:06

I got a Cosatto Whoosh for my 16 kg 2 year old. Very compact single handed fold - not an umbrella fold. Huge hood, basket holds loads. The thing that most attracted me however was the 25kg weight limit so it'll take a very large child!

Please
or

toolazytothinkofausername · 04/09/2018 10:09

We loved our Chicco Liteway

Please
or

AwkwardAsAllGetout · 04/09/2018 10:10

Baby Jogger City Mini fits the bill I think x

Please
or

MissesBloom · 04/09/2018 10:56

Wow thanks so much for all the suggestions, most of these I'd not even considered/never heard of so that's given me food for thought.

I spent all night looking at different options and the babyzen is just going to be a waste of money I think for the amount dd will use it. Have also now added to my list the gb qbit + (looks like it ticks many boxes for us) www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01HODBFSG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_JjLJBb72R7V8Z?tag=mumsnetforum-21

and the silver Cross jet www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01HODBFSG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_JjLJBb72R7V8Z?tag=mumsnetforum-21

Most definitely will be looking at the cosatto you mentioned sauvinon didn't realise they do a one handed fold. Haven't looked at quinny as we tried a zapp and for me it was the worst stroller I've ever used (this was some years ago however) it was just really unbalanced and kept tipping over going up kerbs etc. It gave me anxiety I hated it.

Uppababy have also Brough out the minu which I like but it's quite expensive. www.thebabyroom.co.uk/UPPAbaby-MINU?fv=8586&gclid=CjwKCAjw2rjcBRBuEiwAheKeL6HcCBdYxTdD_cjKT2ld6mImm2plGIHKSZsWaCgo4vlma_-Jz0yuqRoCEjEQAvD_BwE

So much choice out there which is good.

OP's posts:
Please
or

MissesBloom · 04/09/2018 10:57

Awkward yes to the city mini too, hadn't thought of it as a lightweight as I had a double but I loved that buggy was one of the best (and I've had alotWink)

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.