Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Used iCandy Peach vs New Mothercare Journey

Kittypillar · 22/02/2018 11:22

Me and DH just cannot agree on this at all conversation ended with husband sulking for an hour and nicking the last biscuit from the tin in a grump, the git...

Anyway, we went to look at prams yesterday - we really don't want to go too crazy on one (travel system prices are a bit nuts!), so we had what we thought was a reasonable budget in mind. Anyway, my husband really took a shine to the Mothercare Journey - he liked the colour, the practicality of it and I'm 99.9% sure the price compared to the other travel systems had a heck of a lot to do with it too Wink

My sister is selling her iCandy Peach that is 2 years old. It's 2 kids down but is in really good condition and I've used it with my nieces myself and like it a lot.

We'd be paying around the same price for whichever we went with but my DH is adamant he prefers the Journey and despises the whole "expensive designer" pram thing (he's like this with clothes and the like too. He went on the iCandy website and spent the whole time chortling about how obnoxious it looked). He also thinks because my sister's model is 2 kids down it loses my argument of the iCandy being longer lasting than the Journey might be. My argument is the iCandy feels a lot sturdier, I'd feel more confident assembling it one-handed, seems a bit more compact than the Journey when folded for the boot etc...

Funnily enough this is the only time we've disagreed so far on baby related stuff and neither of us is budging Blush, so some advice/experience from the MN community would be very helpful indeed pretty please? Thanks!

OP's posts:
Please
or

mrsfuzzyboots · 25/02/2018 21:03

Ok the decider here should be what the pram is like to use, does it do what you need it to and old vs. new (i.e. new pram will have a warranty). Not the colour or a hatred of an obnoxious website. And if you will be the one doing the majority of pram pushing/folding whilst on maternity leave you should get the deciding vote.

Also, make sure you make him suffer for that last biscuit nonsense, the utter cheek!! Grin

Please
or

LiamLunch1984 · 26/02/2018 07:55

i bought the icandy raspberry last month, a small relation to the pecah agreed, but all has been fine, and when I needed help on the phone they were great.

Please
or

cornishmumtobe · 26/02/2018 08:10

I'd buy a new icandy as punishment for him literally taking the biscuit.

Sorry not helpful Grin

Please
or

Kittypillar · 01/03/2018 14:31

Hahaha I absolutely agree on the biscuit punishment, the nerve! Grin

Thanks for the advice, I absolutely agree that hating the website and liking a particular colour just doesn't quite cut the mustard for a decision like this. Luckily he's relented now and I told him that I felt the iCandy was a better choice in terms of ease for folding it up etc and think it'll (hopefully!) last us longer. He's agreed now, so hurrah!

Totally still planning on buying some really good biscuits and stuffing my face right in front of him though...

OP's posts:
Please
or

EmmaJR1 · 01/03/2018 14:41

I have the iCandy strawberry 2 and I LOVE IT. So much better and easier to use than other prams/buggies I've tried. I'm about to have another dc (dc1 will be 13 months) so we are now getting the iCandy orange blossom double. I wouldn't change brands now!

Please
or

HappyLollipop · 01/03/2018 15:10

I have a mothercare journey and it's a great pram for the price where else would you get a complete travel system for under £300! But I don't think it'll last more than one baby though as my son is 7mo and it's got quite a few scratches already but it's a well used buggy and I don't regret getting it as we don't think we'll be having another baby for quite a while so we'll probably just get another pram when that happens but if your planning to get 2 or more uses out of it I would get a more expensive travel system.

Please
or

LiamLunch1984 · 02/03/2018 09:34

EmmaJR1, whats the Orange ? are you collecting fruits ? :) you are an icandy fan too ?

Please
or

EmmaJR1 · 03/03/2018 11:55

@LiamLunch1984 the iCandy range uses fruits for its models. So I guess I am collecting fruits. I'm definitely a fan. My sister has a silver cross and it's awful. She always makes me swap pushchairs with her when we are out!

Please
or

EmmaJR1 · 03/03/2018 11:56

@LiamLunch1984

Used iCandy Peach vs New Mothercare Journey
Please
or

BertieBotts · 07/03/2018 20:07

Do you want a car seat with it? I don't rate the Mothercare car seat for safety, so that would put me off. But if it will take another one then that probably doesn't matter.

BTW Cybex car seats fit on Maxi Cosi adapters (so I was told by the nice chap in the baby shop) and I think they are much better seats for the price than Maxi Cosi.

Please
or

LiamLunch1984 · 09/03/2018 11:40

@EmmaJR1, I've got the raspberry with Pebble plus car seat, but I was told here a loads of car seats that fit on all icandy strollers. what is the orange like ? have you a toddler and baby on board ?

Please
or

Mintylemons · 09/03/2018 11:46

My first pushchair was a mothercare travel system. It was ok for the price and I still have the car seat, but when I had number 2, I gave it away and bought a second hand I candy peach which we’ve really put through its paces. I’m now going to use it for number 3.

Please
or

ISeeTheLight · 09/03/2018 12:36

We had an icandy peach which was AMAZING. Easy to push and manoeuvre even with one hand, practical with the big basket, could go over any terrain really. We used the carrycot as a moses basket during the day (got a different mattress, but carrycot is suitable for overnight sleeping).
Sold it for 1/3rd of what it originally cost 3 years later. I think it's possibly the best piece of equipment we bought.

Compared to the shitty stroller we got when DD was a bit older, I'd not buy a cheap pram.

That said there are other options that are slightly cheaper that are also excellent, e.g Uppababy Vista and Cruz.

Please
or

LiamLunch1984 · 12/03/2018 13:59

@I see the light, I was considering the icandy orange next but sounds like you love the peach, is it easy to fold, push etc

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.