Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Pram advice... HELP!

TexanInBristol · 07/01/2018 21:59

Hi ladies

I'm a soon(ish) to be first time mom. My husband and I went shopping for our pushchair over the weekend and I'm now more confused than before we went!

Does anyone out there have any experience with the Mamas and Papas Sola2 or Urbo2? They have a great bundle on sale right now and I'm tempted but I'd love any honest reviews!

We want to get a travel system and live in central Bristol so need something that's good in an urban environment and really light - I'll
be pushing it up lots of hills!

My husband liked the Cosatto Giggle but there's something about it that's making me hesitate... I have no idea why I don't like it!!

OP's posts:
Please
or

wheresthel1ght · 07/01/2018 22:06

I wanted the mamas and papas urbo but couldn't afford it, ended up with a second hand zoom which is the tripod frame but essentially the same pram.

I bloody loved it! It was light, easier to steer, pram top was huge! Dd still slept in it at 15 months! We went through a few as what looked great in the shop ended up being wrong in real life but the zoom was the very best!

Please
or

Daisymay2 · 07/01/2018 22:23

TBH , in hindsight I would not have bothered with a travel system. Car seat plus sling would have been fine with new baby. I rarely used the pram and ended up buying a cheap buggy when he was too heavy for me to carry far. Used the pushchair for ds1 when DS2 was a baby in a sling. We live rural and I thought I would use a pram round the lanes for fresh air but no, either sling was far easier. The only good thing about a travel system is that there is somewhere for the shopping.
One thing I would say is that if you are very different heights be careful about handle heights.

Please
or

addictedtochoc · 08/01/2018 12:25

I have the urbo2 and bought it for similar reasons to you (it was on sale for a brilliant price at the time!). I'm really happy with it - easy to steer, ha a lie flat seat so my dd sleeps well in it, lots of practical features such as huge shade, insect net for when on holiday, peekaboo window etc).

Downside is small basket but I don't tend to go anywhere I need a huge basket for so I can live with that. It requires a 2 handed fold - probably not ideal if you need to take it up stairs in a flat and baby in other hand or if unfolding on bus regularly. Again, not an issue for me.

I have to admit, I do now keep a lighter stroller in the car for convenience now she's older but if I were to go back in time, I would buy the urbo2 again if it was cheap enough (definitely wouldn't pay full price though - there are better ones out there for that amount!)

Please
or

TexanInBristol · 09/01/2018 20:35

Excellent advice, thanks so much!

I think we'll just take the plunge - I can't look at anymore now. It makes my brain hurt!! Confused

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.