Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Baby jogger versa vs Britax affinity

ganda1 · 10/03/2015 22:24

Hey,

After much googling, I've managed to cut it all down to these two, but not sure which to get!!!
What are people's opinions on the two prams? I'm looking for a pram that's not too heavy, folds easily and is good on slightly uneven ground. So these 2 fit the description quite well.

Question is, which is the most practical in every day use and which will be the most useful as baby gets older? Don't want to have to buy a new pram again, I'd like something that'll last ??

Thanks in advance!

OP's posts:
Please
or

lentilpot · 11/03/2015 14:12

What do you want to know? I have a versa gt. It is really heavy (light to push though) but fairly easy to manhandle when folded - lots of easy places to grab it. DS is only 7 months so can't comment on its longevity!

Please
or

ganda1 · 11/03/2015 19:31

hi,

id like to know if you would recommend it, and would you buy it again? also, are there any annoying or badly designed features that make it difficult to use etc? x

OP's posts:
Please
or

lentilpot · 11/03/2015 19:53

I would definitely buy it again. (Although I would be tempted by an Easywalker Mosey if that had been out!)

I wouldn't recommend the compact carrycot - and the deluxe one is pricey for a carrycot!

It's not the prettiest pushchair but it just works really well. The basket is amazing.

Please
or

Ihateparties · 11/03/2015 20:34

I've only had a versa but on seat size and single fold I would go for that of the two. I suspect the affinity might be marginally cushier to push, rear air tyres, a bit bouncier.

I would buy a mosey too probably Grin

Please
or

Wisteria1979 · 11/03/2015 20:41

I have a city jogger double so don't know what the difference is compared to "normal" joggers but absolutely love it. Easy to manoeuvre, folds easy, and good on most surfaces. Also narrow which is good. We also have the britax b smart which was fine, sturdier and better on rougher surfaces but harder to handle and wide for a single buggy. In comparison the double jogger is only an inch or so wider. My guess would be that if you do mostly town then jogger is better but out and about in a bit of terrain then britax.

Please
or

NakedFamilyFightClub · 11/03/2015 20:57

I dithered between the versa and the affinity before DS was born and went for the affinity.

I really liked it, but there was a fault in the stitching and when I mentioned it in mothercare after using it for about a year, they sent it off to be repaired then decided just to replace it. I would have got another one but they didn't have it in red so I gotthe city mini gt instead since DS is past the parent facing stage.

I like them both, but the city mini is easier to push, the wheels can't puncture and hood is brilliant. It also folds up amazingly flat when the wheels are off. I imagine the versa would be the same, just heavier. The affinity took up pretty much my whole boot but it was more compact than the gt when not collapsed.

Please
or

oldcraftyhen · 11/03/2015 21:13

I have a babyjogger versa. I really love it. My 14 month old is still in it, and I've not felt the need to buy a smaller pushchair yet.

What I really like:

• it's really easy to fold, I can fold it and lift it into boot of the car whilst holding my 14 month old in the other arm
  • it's compact when folded, it folds very flat so easy to store. It's ridiculously easy to take the wheels off and make even smaller. When we went on holiday we had a boot full of luggage but could still fit the Versa in with the wheels off.
  • it has an absolutely massive basket
  • it's really light to push, and easy to manoeuver even with one hand
  • it's really user friendly, very simple to use, and not fiddly in the slightest

What is not so good:
  • even though I can lift into boot with one arm, it's still quite heavy. I wouldn't like to have to carry it up a flight of stairs regularly for instance. Luckily I only ever need to carry it to put into car.
  • it's quite long when unfolded, at first and I kept misjudging it's length and accidentally catching people/shop fittings with the front wheels Blush But now I'm used to it.
Please
or

ganda1 · 11/03/2015 21:28

Wow, thank you everyone for your responses, really appreciate it. Always nice to get the opinions of people who have actually used them, as which guides etc aren't always the way to go!

Looks like the general consensus is the baby jogger, my best friend has one for her 7 month old and raves about it, so sounds like it's the winner for me!

I'll have a look at the mosey too.Smile

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.