Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

uppababy vista to use as a double buggy?

Racheyg · 23/01/2015 22:50

hi all,
My ds1 will be 22 months when ds2 will be born. At present we have an uppababy and we are very happy with it. We looked into the rumble seat but the reviews havent been that great, now thinking about it not sure my ds1 will like looking at the back of the pushchair.

He is a very confident walker but is interested in everything and a 5 minute walk takes 30 minutes as we stop at everything :) so he will need a pushchair for a little while. Do I buy the rumble seat and pray that he will sit in it or invest in a pushchair like the mountain buggy duet so I can have the toddler seat and the care seat at the same time?

all advice greatly received :) xx

OP's posts:
Please
or

BikeRunSki · 23/01/2015 22:52

I had a Phil and Teds with a rumble seat and dS used to prefer to go in it.

Please
or

tortoisesarefab · 23/01/2015 23:01

At that age I would buy the rumble seat and he will just have to like it! I have had several doubles and i still haven't got one I am happy with so have ended up using the phil and teds because it's just the most practical. Side by sides are just too wide for shops, cafés and buses IMO. But it depends what you need it for.

Please
or

Artandco · 24/01/2015 15:58

I think the rumble seat is fine. We have 15 month gap. 15-24months we used sling/ pram/ buggy board option. By 24months we didn't take the board out daily, only long days out. So I would think 22months would be a waste.
Like you say, they are walking most of the time and will walk more and more as each month goes. You only need it for rainy days/ odd nap/ etc really

We usually went home for naps though so they only napped outside occasionally ( put baby in sling and toddler in pram in these occasions, or in summer toddler just napped outside on blanket under trees in a park, whilst I read and baby napped. Bliss)

Please
or

Racheyg · 24/01/2015 16:53

Thanks for your replies. I think I will buy the rumble seat as we looked a travel system double buggies and a suitable one would be at least £550, and the uppababy was exactly cheap 18 months ago. I'm hoping my ds1 stops stopping at everything on our walks :) x

OP's posts:
Please
or

Ihateparties · 24/01/2015 17:25

I do think that there is an element, with double buggies, of the capacity you have in your life to conduct the tedious stuff without children. When #3 was born and #2 was 24 months I had to do literally everything with them with me. Because of that the double was a brilliant resource. It probably wasn't strictly necessary but it wasn't half helpful (and all of my kids used a pushchair until nearer 3 than 2 and a board until nearer 4).

If I drove more, had a different distribution of time with the dc and time when they were with someone else, I might take a different view. From that perspective I don't think the rumble seat for a 22 month old would be a waste. It really is very dependent on a lot of lifestyle type things, as art mentioned stuff like the capacity to be home for naps on a regular basis does make quite a difference.

Please
or

MiaowTheCat · 24/01/2015 19:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.