Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

pram for a 7 month old onwards

Folicky · 28/10/2014 22:34

Currently I have a quinny zapp xtra2 and I mainly have this because I have a very small boot. The zapp xtra2 was one of the few that would fit. However I'm getting a new car, a 4x4, so can revise my pram choice. The reason I'd consider this is because the zapp is fairly rickety and for anything but city terrains provides a fairly bumpy ride. I also have a knackered bugaboo gecko which I keep at the house for pushing my baby around the house and in nearby streets (ie I don't take it in the car - I couldn't even if I wanted to it wouldn't fit). However I have used the bugaboo on some pebbled, stony terrains and it is infinitely superior to the zapp but several things about it could lead to madness...the folding down mechanism is appalling, no/poor sunshade, its too close to the ground, etc. So I've cobbled together a home and away travel system using these 2 prams but want to change them...the bugaboo is knackered & the zapp's days are numbered now that I have the prospect of a bigger boot

Anyway I'm in the market for a new pram. These are my criteria:
It must suit more than urban terrain so pebbles, shale, cobbles but not an all terrain pram (too heavy & unwieldy)

Easy folding mechanism

Good sunshade

Good basket

not too heavy

little propensity to tip

easy buckled & sturdy buckles ...not ones that get twisted at the drop of a hat

Any ideas ladies?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Velvet1973 · 29/10/2014 15:16

We're about to adopt and have bought the Jane trider on recommendation from a few friends. We did need all terrain but also wanted something that we could use around the shops too. Obviously not used yet as still waiting but very impressed with the design and quality. Only thing is the basket is quite small. I love that the swag is nice and high and is a doddle to switch either forward or rear facing. It has a really simple fold mechanism and its a doddle to push being so light and turns on a sixpence.

Please
or

Ihateparties · 29/10/2014 16:26

I'm recommending an easywalker mosey, because that's what's I'm recommending for everything at the moment! I think if you are in and out of the car quite a bit you might appreciate a one piece fold that isn't too huge or heavy.

Please
or

lentilpot · 29/10/2014 18:02

The baby jogger city versa fits all your criteria except weight, might be worth having a feel to see if it's too heavy for you

Please
or

Velvet1973 · 29/10/2014 19:07

Sorry that should be seat not swag! ??

Please
or

ilovehotsauce · 29/10/2014 19:12

Oyster 2 ?

Please
or

Folicky · 29/10/2014 23:26

Thank you. The main contenders are the uppababy vista and easywalkermosey. Anyone had experience of both of these and if so which is better?

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.