Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

A tiny baby in a BJCM?

TheCharWoman · 20/09/2014 20:51

DC2 has just about outgrown the carrycot attachment for out BJCM. But he is still tiny! And looks completely lost in the seat.

Do I just buy a BJCM footmuff and be done with it? Or is there another option that would make him look/feel a bit more secure and cosy?

Thanks.

OP's posts:
Please
or

BikeRunSki · 20/09/2014 20:53

I put dd in a Phil and Teds Cocoon in a BJCM until she was about 6 months old. It fitted perfectly.

Please
or

beccajoh · 20/09/2014 20:55

We've got a generic John Lewis footmuff on our BJCM and it fits perfectly. I wouldn't bother paying twice as much for the BJCM one unless you particularly want one.

Babies do look tiny in the BJCM, but both my DCs growing out of the carrycot also coincided with them becoming more nosey wanting to see a bit more, so I raised the seat up a bit.

Please
or

softlysoftly · 20/09/2014 20:58

I have 11 week old DD3 in a double BJCM and have had from about 4 weeks when I realised vBugaboo + a 2 year old runner + 5 year old school run wasn't working!

I bought a lambskin from baabaababy (online) and she loves it. Really snuggly and soft plus benefit of being cool in these remaining hot days but warm in winter.

Going to add a footmuff when it gets colder but will be keeping the lambskin on.

Please
or

HopefulHamster · 20/09/2014 21:00

I bought a bugaboo cocoon for our BJCM and it fits perfectly - not sure if your little one will have outgrown it though?

How do people get on with newborns in the BJCM? I am due in two weeks and bought one for the weight and easy-of-fold, primarily. I do have a carry cot but feel almost a bit guilty (?) about the fact baby will be facing outwards from quite a young age once they've outgrown it. But it seemed such a good pram it seemed a silly thing to worry about. Yet I still am...

Please
or

TheCharWoman · 20/09/2014 21:49

Thanks everyone. We have been using a McClaren soft carrycot thing, but he's outgrown it whilst still pretty little. I will get a liner and try the trick of raising the seat a little.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Ihateparties · 20/09/2014 22:02

I would get a sleeping bag style footmuff, mamas and papas do one, older mountain buggy and concord hug ones, Phil and teds sleeping bag etc. Fwiw dd1 was in a bjcmd from birth with a regular footmuff and seemed comfy. Dd2 lived in a concord hug for the whole of her first winter, it zipped right up around her so mostly no need for a coat.

Please
or

Tiggywunkle · 21/09/2014 17:44

My DS was in a Bugaboo Cocoon until 10 months old, so it may be still a good investment depending on how old your LO is. There are loads on Ebay. If he is under 6 months old, I wouldn't raise the seat just yet.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.