Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

ONE PUSHCHAIR ONLY... It's like trying to choose a favourite child...

binkybonk · 10/06/2014 12:56

I have limited space and need to have only ONE pram.
I have 2 DS, 3.5 and 1.5yrs and I am planning on one more in the next year.
I had the quinny buzz for the carrycot but with them both as teenies.
Then a Phil and Teds sport when there were two.
Always had a quinny zapp for travelling and popping the car seat on just the frame, so handy!
And basically I use a Maclaren Quest hand me down the most at the moment out of all these fancy numbers...
BUT I feel the need to purge- so

1. Get rid of all but the quest and wait till the number 3 and see how I feel?
    Or 2. Is there a '1 for all' pram out there which I could buy now, use now, but have ready for #3?
    Any help appreciated!
OP's posts:
Please
or

SqutterNutBaush · 10/06/2014 13:30

Personally i'd keep the Quest and the P&T for now.

The P&T could be handy if number 2 is a runner and you need to push number 3 anyway plus you can chuck the car seat on if you really needed too.

The Quest could be a handy car pushchair for those days when a big one just good enough.

Please
or

SqutterNutBaush · 10/06/2014 13:30

Personally i'd keep the Quest and the P&T for now.

The P&T could be handy if number 2 is a runner and you need to push number 3 anyway plus you can chuck the car seat on if you really needed too.

The Quest could be a handy car pushchair for those days when a big one just good enough.

Please
or

SqutterNutBaush · 10/06/2014 13:32

Actually no, if I'm being completely honest I'd get rid of everything and buy an Oyster :o

Please
or

binkybonk · 10/06/2014 14:10

What's an Oyster??!! I'm in Singapore and maybe we don't have it?! Do I need to bring one back when I come home on holiday???
Thanks SNB Grin

OP's posts:
Please
or

MrsBungle · 10/06/2014 14:14

I've only ever had one pram/pushchair for 2 children. The bugaboo cameleon. It's lasted 5 years snd still going strong and goes from newborn. Dd used to til ds came along and ds is still in it at 2. I've never contemplated another pushchair - well apart from on hols as it doesn't fold in one piece and I couldn't afford the bag so I borrowed sil's --which I found to be like pushing a wonky Trolly compared to the bugaboo).

Please
or

Mutley77 · 10/06/2014 14:18

I have 3DC and for my baby I have bought the Mountain Buggy Swift having used at least 5 different pushchairs between the older 2. She is now 1 and I have used it every day - in the early days with the carrycot and after 4-5 months just as a lie flat pushchair with a sheepskin liner. Light, quick and easy to fold, comfortable, so easy to push.

I have also bought the Mclaren Quest as I used one of these a lot with my younger 2 - and need a "travel buggy" for aeroplane trips. However I never take this out of the garage apart from holidays as it is like a shopping trolley compared to the MB - and not that much more easy to use so not worth the effort. I use the Swift on buses, in and out of shops, school run, any and everywhere.

Only thing I can't vouch for is it taking car seat. It does have a converter thing for the Maxi Cosi car seat but it didn't seem that stable to me (it didn't click in, it seemed to sort of balance on the top) so I never used it.

Please
or

Mutley77 · 10/06/2014 14:21

PS I tried my sister's bugaboo cameleon with one of my older children but really couldn't be bothered with the faffing around taking it apart every time I used it - I need to be in and out of the car quite a lot. I think the bugaboo is better if you keep it assembled and walk from home all the time.

Please
or

Annietheacrobat · 10/06/2014 14:21

Baby jogger city mini

Please
or

SqutterNutBaush · 10/06/2014 15:39

How could I forget the city mini?!

That's what we have (had one for DS too), can take a carrycot from birth, takes maxi cosi car seat, huge seat, lays flat, amazing one hand fold, huge hood, plenty of storage and weight about 8kg.

Please
or

MrsBungle · 10/06/2014 15:49

My bugaboo is in and out of my car prob 2 times a day. It's only in two bits! Takes about 20 seconds!

Please
or

Mutley77 · 11/06/2014 08:05

Suppose it depends on lifestyle /older kids as to whether you need the extra 18 seconds each time given a decent one piece pram is a 2 second open/close. It certainly feels like I do when I'm late for school drop/pick. Friend really rates the city mini which is quite similar to my swift although lighter and maybe slightly less sturdy..

Please
or

binkybonk · 12/06/2014 16:03

Ok, I have loathed the bugaboo bee for a long time because it just looks a bit weird and everyone has them...
But it actually does everything I want... Anyone had one of them?
Travel? Check
Car seat? Check
Newborn? Check

And just have to hope number 2 can keep up by the time number three is created/ appears....

OP's posts:
Please
or

Ihateparties · 12/06/2014 19:44

I wrote a reply on this thread, just noticed it's not here so I must have failed to actually post it, oops. It was along the lines of if you mean having a baby inside a year then I would definitely look at doubles (2 young and walking children and a pram being harder to handle than 1 and a pram usually) or at least something with a very reliable useful buggyboard capability. Which the bee actually has...

I don't know precisely what you have available to you in Singapore but the bee is pretty much the most compact do all pram. The only thing it really doesn't do is terrain.

Please
or

binkybonk · 13/06/2014 04:01

Thanks Ihateparties!
Since we officially have no terrain, I think I might go for it ;-)
And keep the Phil and Teds in a back cupboard in case we get lucky!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Ihateparties · 13/06/2014 09:50

I think that's probably wise, there's 4y5m between my 3 and a double was definitely more use with 2 and 3 boy do I miss it. They all walk now at 6, 4 and 2 and it's at the same time useful and terrifying. Plus I have to you know... Carry actual things. Food shopping, coats, bags.. Stuff. Horrifying.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.