Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Silver cross linear

dietcoketime69 · 29/04/2014 21:09

Been looking through hundreds of prams and think this might be the most suitable, just wondering if anyone has one and could give me their opinions on it?

I was tempted by the maclaren which I can see many people rave about, only thing that puts me off that one is that you can't have baby facing you!

OP's posts:
Please
or

SqutterNutBaush · 30/04/2014 13:47

It really does depend on your lifestyle. if it will be in and out of the car or needs folded regularly it is a pain because it can only be done in 2 parts, if you are on and off public transport it would be difficult for this reason too and it's crap if you will be walking on rough paths as the suspension is pretty much non-existant.

Basically if you walk around a relatively well paved town, have space to store it upright and won't be folding regularly it's not the worst but far from the best.

I also hated the Maclaren as it was clunky, horrible to push and had a narrow seat.

Please
or

dietcoketime69 · 30/04/2014 17:33

Thanks squtternut, do you mind if I ask what you'd recommend I take a look at instead?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Amybabygypsyqueen · 30/04/2014 18:05

I had a sc linear, it was great just a pain to get I and out of the car, for DD2 I have a baby jogger versaGT and it's fab, easy to fold lasted the duration DD is now 2.4 I will keep it for next baby too x

Please
or

GlaikitFizzog · 30/04/2014 18:12

I had the SC linear for DS, I had packed it off to the loft by the time he was9 months and had replaced it with a Baby Jogger City mini.

It was perfect for those tiny baby walks as it looks like a proper pram, but it was huge and clunky to fold in two parts I'll never forget the day it wouldn't unclick at sainsburys and I had to get the customer service man to help, it took up the whole boot space when ever we went anywhere and I couldn't leave it with my mum or childminder as it didn't fit in their boots.

If we ever have a second child I'll just buy the pram insert and car seat clips for the city mini, which is fab.

If you are set on the SC though, I am selling one!! :o

Please
or

SqutterNutBaush · 01/05/2014 14:03

Dietcoke it depends on your lifestyle.

Do you walk, use the car or public transport most often?

Do you walk in the city, town paths or off road bumpy groung most often?

Is storage space an issue?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.