Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Silver Cross Sleepover Elegance

maja00 · 18/08/2013 21:35

I have seen the Silver Cross Sleepover Elegance and love the look of it - I know it is huge though!

Is there anything similar out there? Proper pram/carrycot, but also a pushchair and travel system?

Would be interested in anyone's experiences of the Sleepover Elegance or similar too.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Ihateparties · 19/08/2013 21:51

Similar in what sense.. visually?

Emmaljunga, bebecar and babystyle also make classic looking prams if that's what you're after.

Please
or

maja00 · 19/08/2013 21:56

Yes, classic pram type I suppose - something quite substantial. I just had a buggy/travel system with DS as we lived in a flat at the time so like the idea of a proper carry cot this time.

However, DP has put his foot down about the Silver Cross on the basis that it won't fit in a car or bus - fair point I guess!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Ihateparties · 19/08/2013 22:19

Hmm yes, definitely less than ideal for the bus. .. silver cross wayfarer?
easywalker mini??

I'm trying to get a sense of what you want it to look like, these have classic elements to them but smaller and more modern.

If you're not so bothered by looks then there are loads of things with carrycot option followed by pushchair seat. Depending on budget you could look at the icandy peach, apple2 or strawberry, bugaboo cameleon, uppababy vista or joolz day for the top end. Mid range things like the babystyle oyster and oyster gem, some britax pushchairs, the icandy cherry, Generally speaking you can't get a 3 in 1 pram with carrycot for under about £200 however hovering around that area there are some haucks, the odd joie and quite a few convertible carryot/seat options like the my child floe. I'm missing a lot of stuff, my brain has gone for a walk.. but hopefully there are some ideas there.

Please
or

maja00 · 19/08/2013 22:22

I do really like the proper chassis rather than the buggy type chassis, but I guess that is never going to be good on a bus :(

I've looked at the Oyster and a Cosatto one as more sensible options, but I do love the proper prams.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Ihateparties · 19/08/2013 22:34

I tried to think of a smaller classic chassis but i couldn't, the bebecar stylo is the smallest I can think of, the dimensions are here.

Please
or

greenthumbs · 19/08/2013 22:41

I had a silvercross sleepover on a linear frame rather than a classic frame and it was superb, can't recommend it highly enough. I had it on and off the bus and tube with no problems on my own. The wheel footprint is not any bigger than the prams my friends had, and overall actually saves space as the carrycot converts to a buggy rather than having to buy and store two pieces, if that makes sense. It does look much larger though.

Please
or

maja00 · 19/08/2013 22:57

Thanks, I might have a look at the Linear frame.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Frootloopz · 04/09/2013 10:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.