Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Double for a 2 year age gap ... for the millionth time ...

Muststopeatingcheese · 17/08/2013 15:34

My 2nd dc is due in a couple of months when my oldest will only just have turned 2. She is a good walker, but loves being in the pushchair and I'm keen to have something to contain her.
So, I know that this question has been asked a lot, but which double would be best?
We don't really use public transport often, but we are in and out of the car a lot. We already have the maxi cosi cabriofix, so something compatible with that would be good.
Have a decent sized car, so don't think boot size will be an issue. I would like it to fit through the front door though.
Finally, don't mind spending a bit of money, but can't justify I candy / bugaboo type prices.
Help!

OP's posts:
Please
or

JazzAnnNonMouse · 17/08/2013 15:35

We have the baby jogger city mini duo - brilliant. Doesn't do carseats though.

Please
or

Chopsypie · 17/08/2013 15:53

I've got a maclaren twin techno. It's a bit heavy but sturdy and has lasted really well. Was okay for a newborn (I bought a newborn cosy toes so she didn't rattle around) and is still big enough to hold my 3 yr old. They all have their pros and cons, hope you find one soon. Congratulations on your pregnancy

Please
or

pegster · 17/08/2013 19:01

I'm looking for the exact same thing, DC 2 due in October, 25m gap.
Went to kiddicare on a recce today & the one that stood out was the Oyster max. DH doesn't like the side by side ones & I don't like the P&T's but we both like this one. Only problem is it's quite new out so no chance of picking up a second hand one

Please
or

Ihateparties · 17/08/2013 19:28

It's not that new, I bet there are a few used ones floating about now. The oyster max is a good option, a Micralite twofold would also be good if your 2 year olds can handle having no recline.

Please
or

Tiggywunkle · 18/08/2013 00:34

I would look at the Oyster Max, but the car seat will need to go on top - so look at that carefully. The prices even new are more favourable than the top end pushchairs. If you dont mind second hand, then an older iCandy Peach Blossom 1 would get you over the hump of the 9-12 months post birth. Or join one of the many Facebook groups and hunt down a bargain second hand PB2 (although with your age gap, you would get away with the PB1).

Please
or

Muststopeatingcheese · 18/08/2013 16:45

Thanks so much for all the suggestions, really appreciate it.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.