Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

icandy cherry

Racheybooboo · 19/06/2013 16:25

hi mums and mums to be

Need some advice asap on whether to buy the Cherry for our little one who will be here before i know it! I'm due early august and have fallen head over heels in love with the Cherry but wondered what everyone's experience of it is. i love the icandy brand and all the products they do but the Cherry really stands out for me especially the British design.

thanks in advance for your help xxx

OP's posts:
Please
or

aftereight · 19/06/2013 16:33

I loved my icandy cherry, it was sturdy and practical and stylish. But both the rear wheels fell off within a year (at different times, obviously, and did manage to bolt them back on).
With a new rear axle and wheels it is now onto it's 2nd baby/toddler and going strong.

Please
or

MolotovCocktail · 19/06/2013 16:36

Oh, it's a lovely pushchair :) We bought it for dd1 in 2009 when she was 8mo. She used it until she'd just turned 3yo. We bought it brand new for £260. We didn't buy the pramette, but I guess you would be? That is sold separately. Baby wouldn't be able to go in the pushchair until s/he is 6mo.

It's a lot of money when you would need to buy the pramette, too - you can get good 2nd hand ones if you're
looking to save a penny.

Good points:

Forward or rear facing
Lightweight
Compact when folded: very easy to pick up and fold away
Stylish; looks good.
Easy to manoeuvre
Not too big and quite narrow, so good for getting about the shops.

Bad points:
Never ever exceed the recommended weight (with shopping bags and the like). The wheels on ours buckled, which is why I didn't re-use it (with the addition of a pramette) for dd2.
Sometimes the seat part doesn't 'lock' into the base as it should. That's infuriating when you've got a squirming 2yo.

We bought a Silver Cross Jet Pramette for dd2 which was cheap (£100 brand new from an online store). It's akin to the iCandy Cherry but doesn't feel as robust, IYSWIM. And I do miss having my little baby girl facing me (that one is forward facing only).

I'd recommend the iCandy Cherry, but even better if you can get one at a bargain.

Please
or

GivemeaCamembert · 19/06/2013 16:43

I love ours, feels really sturdy, dead easy to steer, on and off buses, public transport, even the london underground with no problem, good size basket can fit loads in, only irritation is having to take the seat off to fold it up but all it's plus points by far out weigh that. Have never regretted our choice

Please
or

Ihateparties · 19/06/2013 16:46

It's a good solid option, I had one for dc1 and both front wheels came off on separate occasions. That issue is apparently fixed on the newer ones. Otherwise really liked it. I believe there are better options now and imo the british aspect is a bit of a red herring, they aren't produced here and I know of at least one other product sold in europe that has many if not all the same components.. this one for example.

For the same kind of budget as a cherry you have a lot of solid options, a baby jogger city versa, a babystyle oyster (or oyster max if you're looking at the long game of further children), you're approaching the price of a bugaboo bee, things like that. I don't mean you shouldn't get one if you love it, just that there are plenty of others to choose from Grin

Please
or

Ihateparties · 19/06/2013 16:49

Haha, you mean the colourway don't you... duh. Sorry. The navy one with the polished chassis? They do look very smart Smile

Please
or

chocolatemartini · 19/06/2013 19:23

I had one, it was a v good pushchair, just 2 niggles that might not apply to you anyway. Handlebar was too low for me and doesn't extend. Most upright seat position too reclined for my (then) 15mo DS. I'm starting to sound like a stuck record on seating positions, but many toddlers do go through a stage where they want to be bolt upright. DS slept beautifully in it and it was lovely to push.

Please
or

MiaowTheCat · 19/06/2013 19:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Please
or

Racheybooboo · 20/06/2013 15:40

hi everyone, thanks so much for all your advice and comments, i knew this was the right place to come! :)

i really like the fact that its a good solid pushchair and the navy design is just stunning!

thanks again xxx

OP's posts:
Please
or

MolotovCocktail · 20/06/2013 17:08

Best of luck Rachey, I certainly don't think you'll regret buying one :)

Please
or

Tiggywunkle · 20/06/2013 22:23

I loved the Cherry! Great pushchair. It ticks loads of my boxes and is affordable.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.