Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

A simple question

oinkment · 14/06/2013 18:20

I will be in UK for a month. I have a 15 month old. On day 1 of my visit I will pop to John Lewis and buy... [Mumsnetters insert correct answer].

I guess it needs to be lightweight, comfy enough for her to fall asleep in... I don't know what else really... What do you think?

OP's posts:
Please
or

SweepTheHalls · 14/06/2013 18:24

a maclaren techno xt

Please
or

Ihateparties · 14/06/2013 18:27

Aha... will you defidefinitely (oh GO kindle, I normally correct but I'm going to leave that one cos i like it) pop into john lewis exclusively?

What are your needs? Are you talking talking only for the period you are in the uk or longer term use?

If you want a reflex answer the baby jogger city mini Grin

Please
or

oinkment · 14/06/2013 18:37

Those are both nice but maybe expensive for 1 months use. Yes I will probably keep it but I don't know how much I'll use it once I get home - I don't own a pushchair at home and have never missed having one.

Doesn't have to be JL but I happen to know there is one near where we stay for the first couple of nights. There will very likely be a Mothercare and other high street shops too.

OP's posts:
Please
or

oinkment · 16/06/2013 05:59

Any further suggestions? Perhaps I should just wait and see what they have in stock when I get there.

OP's posts:
Please
or

MortifiedAdams · 16/06/2013 06:44

Petit Star Zia. Cheap and comfy, folds down small enough for you to out it in the footwell behind the drivere carseat.

Do you also need a carseat or are you bringing one?

Please
or

GwendolineMaryLacey · 16/06/2013 07:43

For one months use then pretty much anything you get is going to be too expensive. Are you coming to see family? Can they organise something from gumtree etc? Otherwise I wouldn't want to spend more than a Mothercare Jive type thing and I hate those!

Please
or

oinkment · 16/06/2013 08:01

We will bring her car seat with us. Fortunately she is still in a baby bucket seat.

Hmm. Maybe you're right Gwendoline. No one to organise anything for us. I guess for just one month it would be better to have a crappy cheap thing that does the job than to do without, or spend too much.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please
or

MsPickle · 16/06/2013 08:32

Might be a silly question but if you don't use a pushchair at home why do you need one here?

Please
or

MsPickle · 16/06/2013 08:35

Or you could hire? I've not done it but a Google turns up companies like www.babyequipmenthirelondon.co.uk/

Please
or

Ihateparties · 16/06/2013 11:44

I thought same as pickle actually, do you definitely need one? I saw another hire company recently, will find link... here.

Please
or

3MonthMaid · 16/06/2013 20:35

For the sake of one months use, I would pop to Argos and get the cheapest "reasonable" buggy with a recline and hood etc. for example:

www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9016765.htm?cmpid=APP01

Please
or

AliBingo · 17/06/2013 11:08

Friend travelled to JL to buy a buggy and found that they didn't actually keep any in stock, all were a 2 week wait (they happened to have an internet return which they bought) - something to bear in mind?

Please
or

oinkment · 17/06/2013 14:05

Hmm. I think I'll need one because we'll be pounding around for a month taking the older kids to museums and parks and that sort of thing.

A cheap Argos stroller is increasingly looking like a sensible solution. Am glad I asked you lot!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Ihateparties · 17/06/2013 17:01

If you won't use it again i agree, get cheap. I doubt I need to tell you to keep an eye on storage if you're doing lots of days out with the older kids, I struggle to carry the baby that is no longer a baby except in my mind and the other stuff we need and i'm a really light packer. this is like a basket with bonus child seat, it's huge irl. Basket that is, not buggy. It was on offer a few weeks ago for forty quid, shame it's gone back up in price.

Please
or

Bearwantsmore · 17/06/2013 17:04

Sorry, I'm being really nosy, but I'm genuinely curious as to how you have managed without a buggy for 15 months!

Please
or

notso · 17/06/2013 17:13

Me too Bear [nosy]

Wouldn't it be better to buy one before you leave then sell it when you get back rather than just dump one here?

Please
or

oinkment · 17/06/2013 18:07

Don't know really. I had a sling when she was very little. And she walked from 10 months so I just carry her or pop her down for a toddle, or she sits in the supermarket infant seat when I am doing a shop. She's not very heavy and a good cling-on baby so easy to have on a hip.

OP's posts:
Please
or

MsPickle · 17/06/2013 19:22

If you're bringing her car seat that she's comfy in why not get a chassis that can take the car seat? Does it need to be a whole pushchair? You might then be either able to borrow one/cheap eBay couriered to where you're staying or buy where you are and make the car seat easier to transport?

Please
or

chocolatemartini · 17/06/2013 20:11

Bearwantsmore I say this from time to time on different threads but I barely used a pushchair until 15 months. And the few times I did I always ended up regretting it and wishing I'd used the sling. I imagine the OP is getting to the stage like I did, where you finally admit a buggy might have some benefits

Please
or

Wildwaterfalls · 17/06/2013 20:24

Has anyone suggested the tippitoes max viz? Cheap and cheerful, reclines, light. Just bought one and very pleased.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.