Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Hot drinks holder to fit iCandy Cherry

BB01 · 05/04/2013 15:20

Just as the above says! Any recommendations anyone? The iCandy one gets bad reviews and states it's not for hot drinks

OP's posts:
Please
or

HariboAndWine · 05/04/2013 15:29

I may be missing something here but is it not dangerous to have hot drinks so close to your baby? Isn't that why it says its not suitable?

Please
or

Selba · 05/04/2013 15:41

HOT drinks???

Please
or

BB01 · 05/04/2013 16:02

Hi, I mean a hot drink in a metal insulated mug with a lid, and where I have seen it on other pushchairs, it has been behind where the baby sits and looks safe. Something like this:

www.quinny.com/accessories/cupholder/

OP's posts:
Please
or

forevergreek · 05/04/2013 16:51

I don't think any are for hot drinks. Too dangerous near a baby.
They are for smoothies/ bottle of evian etc etc

Please
or

BB01 · 05/04/2013 17:14

The ones I have seen are fixed right on back of a forward facing pushchair and you'd have had to have done acrobatics to get drink on baby! The cup I have has a secure closing lid. There definitely are some designed for this. I need to Google it again when I get to a PC!!

OP's posts:
Please
or

ditavonteesed · 05/04/2013 17:15

doesnt sound like a good idea tto me.

Please
or

MiaowTheCat · 05/04/2013 22:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Please
or

notfarmingatthemo · 05/04/2013 22:52

Its not the baby reaching it. It is if you go down a kerb the cup may fall out and land on baby (lid may also come of) Use one of these You can put it under the buggy or in your bag then when you stop and baby is out use one on the buggy if you need to put it down. YOU DO NOT WANT ANY CHANCE OF A BABY GETTING BURNT WHEN YOU ARE OUT AND ABOUT.

Please
or

BB01 · 06/04/2013 08:13

Hi, thanks but I know the risk people are referring to. As I said there was no way it could have fallen or spilt from the holder I saw which is precisely why I'm trying to find that one not a regular one. I appreciate the advice but don't need the shouting thank you

OP's posts:
Please
or

BB01 · 06/04/2013 08:15

I'm presuming you never ever drink a hot drink in a baby's presence even if it is well out of baby's way? All these mums drinking coffee in caf├ęs must be drinking iced lattes Smile Smile

OP's posts:
Please
or

MiaowTheCat · 06/04/2013 08:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Please
or

BB01 · 06/04/2013 10:20

Thanks v much miaow - useful to know about the Cherry frame. I'll have a look at that link once I get to a PC

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.