Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

City select double

Locketjuice · 04/03/2013 16:05

Any reviews/experience? Think I have changed my mind again Blush

18 month old and a newborn and need to be all terrain Smile

OP's posts:
Please
or

HDEE · 04/03/2013 16:08

They look huge, heavy and awkward.

Please
or

lovelychops · 04/03/2013 16:12

This is the pram I'm considering. Will have 2 year old and new born. Have had a demo in the shop, I'm worried it's long but I think there's going to be an issue with every pushchair?!

Please
or

Pascha · 04/03/2013 16:13

Huge, heavy and awkward yes, yes and yes. I stopped using mine very quickly. DH still perseveres with the bloody thing but its much easier to stick DS2 in the sling and DS1 can use the old buggy when necessary. It should be great but in reality its a bulky great unwieldy behemoth.

Please
or

Locketjuice · 04/03/2013 16:27

NooooSad

I was hoping for amazing reviews I really like the look if it haha, back to looking again Smile

OP's posts:
Please
or

Pascha · 04/03/2013 16:37

It is amazing - to look at, all those different positions, no sticking baby at the back low down, very manoeuverable in John Lewis but totally impractical in the real world with two seats and far too heavy.

Please
or

Tiggywunkle · 04/03/2013 16:45

Its probably the best tandem I have used for seating positions, huge seats, options, small fold, easy to store, huge basket, handbrake etc etc. Fab for the early months, but first we had an issue when our eldest kicked the little one in the face when they were facing each other, which then limited the seating options, followed by the pushchair becoming too heavy to push. You read this, and with a newborn in, you wonder what people mean. But believe me I had pains up my arms. I was totally gutted but there was no way I could push it, and even now my arms hurt when I think about it.
Just to add, its a myth that the City Select is long - its actually shorter than most other similar tandems on the market at present. Phil&Teds and the B-Dual are longer for example because the City Select seats pretty much sit within the frame size whereas the others have overhang at the back.

Please
or

Pascha · 04/03/2013 17:05

DS1 is too big for the seat now anyway at 2.5y. He sort of perches on it and his head touches the hood.

Please
or

Tiggywunkle · 04/03/2013 17:44

Have you moved the hood up to the higher position?

Please
or

Pascha · 04/03/2013 19:02

Yes, his head still brushes it except in the very centre. I think we are spoilt by his big Classic with enormous seat.

Please
or

milk · 04/03/2013 20:16

I have DS1 who is 2yo and DS2 who is 5mo. I love it Grin

It is super narrow and I adore the massive huge basket Grin

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.