Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Aaaaaahhh 1st puncture only having used the buggy for a week!!

goldie81 · 28/02/2013 20:18

what do I do- only had buggy a wk & already 1st puncture!! What can I do??!

OP's posts:
Please
or

LackingNicknameInspiration · 28/02/2013 20:21

If you're good with bikes, fix tyre yourself. If, like me, you're not, head to nearest bike shop having first purchased tyre slime, ask them to put it in and pump up tyres and sort the puncture.....and it should then be fine afterwards. That's always worked for me anyway - set me back about £20 to get all four done, plus a fiver for slime, but have hardly had to even pump them up this year.

Oh, and if you're REALLY inept with tyres (like me!), might be worth considering buying a spare wheel (depending on your buggy - have nipper 360 so easy to get tyres on/off) just in case you get stuck somewhere.

Good luck!

Please
or

goldie81 · 28/02/2013 20:26

Thanks for that!! Yes I'm awful with tyres! Does the slime make any difference in the pushing of the buggy?!! Or does it push like normal? Xxx

OP's posts:
Please
or

TunipTheVegedude · 28/02/2013 20:40

Another vote for slime tyres.
Our bike shop did ours, we didn't have to buy the slime first.

Please
or

TunipTheVegedude · 28/02/2013 20:40

It pushes like normal.

Please
or

poodletip · 28/02/2013 20:42

I have puncture proof tyres, puncture proof inner tubes and those have slime inside. No punctures here Grin. Slime definitely helps, and no it doesn't make any difference to pushing the buggy. It just fills any tiny punctures as they happen so you don't get a flat tyre.

Please
or

goldie81 · 28/02/2013 21:26

Great thanks every1! A trip 2the bike shop it is then!!!

OP's posts:
Please
or

ZolaBuddleia · 28/02/2013 21:28

Our bike shop said the slime isn't very effective. I bought some of that puncture resist lining that comes in a strip and got punctures again. The only thing that has done the trick are puncture proof inner tubes.

Please
or

austenozzy · 28/02/2013 21:30

I'm good at fixing punctures, so no slime required here. I carry a repair kit and one of those mini pumps in the buggy's pouch thing just in case.

But one tip - don't pump up the tyres so they're hard, like a bike's tyres. If they're slightly under-inflated they won't puncture nearly as easily, plus the ride will be more comfy for the little one. It's no more difficult to push.

Please
or

DoingTheSwanThing · 28/02/2013 21:41

I haven't had a single puncture since using slime. Can't recommend it enough. Prior to that it was one a week (rough terrain with the mad dogs).

Please
or

LackingNicknameInspiration · 28/02/2013 23:05

As everyone's said, the slime makes no difference to pushing. Oh and I also second a pump just in case, but haven't used ours much since we got the tyres slimed!

Good luck!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.