Mumsnet Logo
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Pushchairs

Which sturdy pushchair?

3 replies

frustratedpants · 22/07/2012 15:59

Right, imagine this senario
New born baby plus have 4-5yo school age autistic child, can walk but stubborn as a mule and no sence of danger
Don't want a side by side double as older child will at school for majority of the time. am also looking at doubles but that's another thread
So just need ideas for a sturdy pram and buggy board style way of transporting older one on school run (30min walk in buggy but only 5 roads to cross) and for town trips.
Have estate car so no size issues.

So, what ride-on seat, buggy board etc?

what buggys are sturdy enough to take larger child on board and still be manageable? And how do you get a sometimes uncooperate child to stay on buggy board?

I prefer like parent facing. Ideally take carrycot or carseat options.
Don't want a zia, zapp, jane 360, freeway, or streety. been there done that Smile

So what options, If any, do I have?

OP posts:
Please
or

Ihateparties · 22/07/2012 19:32

From what you have said I would go for a baby jogger or a mountain buggy of some sort for the sturdiness/weight taking.. for the keeping child on buggyboard then something where they can be as trapped as possible but still comfortable within the handlebar. I don't know if this is possible with a newborn on board BJ or MB, it may depend on the model, whether you have a carrycot on etc. Somebody will know.

Oh also, maybe give easywalker a look as they do an air tyre buggyboard and 2nd hand prices are really good for the quality so I understand. There is a carrycot option but the seats don't parent face. Unless you can wait for the new June and they also come up with a buggyboard for that.

You do have options but I am not too sure on weight limits of buggyboards generally, I had a junior x rider (a sit down one) which took 20kgs... there might be something with a higher limit out there.

Please
or

Tiggywunkle · 22/07/2012 21:43

Look at a Mountain Buggy +One and a TFK Joggster Twist with fold away buddy seat with a Multi X carrycot to give you parent facing. If your eldest is light you could get away with a regular tandem eg B-Dual or Peach Blossom? I would suggest the first two are probably good options. The +One convert to a single once you have done the school run and the buddy seat folds away on the TFK.

Please
or

Tiggywunkle · 22/07/2012 21:45

Oh and look at the Micralite Twofold too...it's not out yet but it has lots of options including a built in buggy board. Also look at a Joovy Ultralight A there is a harness on the rear seat but there are compromises for the baby ie using a car seat for the first six months and then forward facing.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?