Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. Read our round up of the top pushchairs to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

smallest, cheapest, lightest, most compact folding double pushchair

MamaChocoholic · 21/05/2011 20:15

don't want much do I? notice I didn't say "most durable". we have a nipper for home use, but need something that can fit in the car for a holiday and leave room for a few bags of clothes. would like to buy second hand. suggestions please?

OP's posts:
Please
or

5inthebed · 21/05/2011 20:17

BJCM twin, definitely thinnest double pram.

Please
or

saoirse86 · 21/05/2011 20:27

My sister and I were looking for something similar to what you want. We found the baby jogger city mini would definitely be the best but we kept missing out on them for what we could afford and ended up with something different. If you can stretch to about £170 you should get a decent one.

Please
or

MamaChocoholic · 21/05/2011 20:50

should have said, they dts are 7mo. we spent £50 on our nipper (main pushchair) and would ideally spend less than that on our holiday buggy. does that make it impossible?

the BCJM does look great, but folded looks like it will be bigger than a maclaren style double, no?

OP's posts:
Please
or

thisisyesterday · 21/05/2011 20:52

one of these

they fold up really, really, really small.

search on ebay?

Please
or

thisisyesterday · 21/05/2011 20:56

actually....how basic are you prepared to go?

we have a really basic double buggy from tesco which folds smaller than our single mamas and papas Nipi.
i don't think they sell them any more though

Please
or

thisisyesterday · 21/05/2011 20:56

it's like this but a double

Please
or

MamaChocoholic · 21/05/2011 21:03

the WE2 looks great. will haunt ebay.

we are prepared to be very basic Grin as long as it will last a week, there is a chance of getting the babies to sleep in it (currently 3 times a day) and we can fit a raincover (as we will be tempting the rain gods by daring to go on holiday). hadn't thought of tescos, will look there too just in case they're still available.

OP's posts:
Please
or

aswellasyou · 21/05/2011 21:18

Something like this maybe? It reclines a little bit and has hoods but it looks very basic and like it will fold down really small. Best of all, it's so bright that you won't mind when the sun hides behind a cloud. Grin

Please
or

saoirse86 · 22/05/2011 10:19

I was just looking on mothercare's website because I've seen a really basic double in their shop, but I can't find it. They definitely have it though because I've seen it. Am I going crazy?! Confused

Anyway, have a look on ebay

Or if you're near Birmingham aswell and I are selling ours Here! Wink

Please
or

saoirse86 · 22/05/2011 10:42

Found it! I was clearly wrong to look in the double pushchairs section. Confused

Please
or

thisisyesterday · 22/05/2011 10:58

that mothercare one is almost identical to our tesco one.
i got ours for £25 in a sale once!

where are you? cos i'd be more than willing to lend it to you as we rarely use it

Please
or

Guildfordnanny · 22/05/2011 11:59

I was about to say the Tesco or Mothercare ones. Very basic but would do the job for a holiday.

Please
or

MamaChocoholic · 23/05/2011 16:17

the mothercare one looks good, my only worry is whether it is too upright to allow naps? dts still have 3 naps/day (7mo) and probably 2-3 of these will need to be in buggy each day when we're away. will haunt ebat some more but keep this as a last resort.

saoirse we're in Cambridge, not very near Birmingham. anywhere near you tiy?

OP's posts:
Please
or

thisisyesterday · 23/05/2011 17:36

we're in west sussex, but we may be visiting Cambridge this coming saturday on our way to Suffolk

ours as I say, is very similar to the mothercare one, so it has no recline, no hoods, no raincover.

but if you'd like to borrow it you're more than welcome :)

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.