My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join our Property forum for renovation, DIY, and house selling advice.

Property/DIY

P**d off with Wickes. A vent.

1 reply

ampere · 19/02/2010 16:50

Ordered some stuff, bit irritated that it would take over 3 weeks to deliver, but you get that. BUT checking the order with a fine tooth comb once the paperwork had arrived via the post and the delivery date was lined up, we found they'd made a glaring error (which would have been a bit of a disaster on install day!) SO we called, amended the order, and waited whilst the new details duly arrived. Then got the Delivery people's letter with a reference, all as before. So I called to check the new order would come on the planned day- but no! Wickes had cancelled all of the original order, reordered (correct stuff this time) but now I have to wait another week which screws all the tradesmen.

OK, one could say I should have checked the order in the shop but I have no idea what half the terms mean in a plumbing shop AND a 'consultant' was inputting the order... as we stood in front of said items and pointed!

Not impressed. Especially by the bloke at the delivery firm's attitude which was pretty much 'tough'.

OP posts:
thehillsarealive · 19/02/2010 23:13

hmmf i had a terrible experience with Wickes and our bathroom. And it wasnt cheap either! This was 2.5yrs ago

In the end i ended up getting compensation. I complained and complained and spoke to their head CS person - called Ed Onions. No idea if he is still 'the man'

And even now - my bath panel is a different colour of white than the rest of my bathroom. Grrrrr - might contact them again. Everytime I go in there that pisses me off again.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.