My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join our Property forum for renovation, DIY, and house selling advice.

Property/DIY

which conservatory blinds

5 replies

Akiko · 17/09/2009 11:48

I am looking to purchase blinds for my new conservatory. Had two quotes. One was for 4000 manual pleated, and the other one was for 2500 with remote control roller. I am wondering why such a big difference in price? There are so many companies around, that It is difficult to choose. I do not want to compromise on quality, but would not like to pay over the top either. Does anyone have any advise please?

OP posts:
Fizzylemonade · 17/09/2009 12:06

I have roller blinds as could not be doing with all that dusting on pleated blinds.

I was quoted £8k by Thomas Sanderson for manual side and roof blinds! Could have built a whole new conservatory for that price.

Go for a local company rather than a national brand who pay shed loads for their advertising and pass the cost on to you.

My roller blinds were £260 by local company for 10ft x 10ft conservatory. In the roof I had foils inserted into the polycarb roof from these people.

They cost about £500 and I had them fitted by them.

I have friends who have pleated roof blinds and all flies and insects get stuck behind them in summer.

MadameCastafiore · 17/09/2009 12:14

If it is just for the roof have it replaced with reflective stuff - keeps the room cool and you don't have to dust it.

I hate blinds they always fade and they get really dirty.

northender · 17/09/2009 12:17

I'm also saving for blinds but what is the reflective stuff you mention mme

Akiko · 18/09/2009 14:08

Reflective stuff is the aluminium foil that is backing the blinds material, to insulate it from heat and cold. The inserts sound good, but I need to be able to pull the blinds to get the light when working.

OP posts:
VickySimons · 13/03/2011 00:21

I had conservatory window film put on my conservatory roof which I found out was the better option to go for rather than having blinds fitted. The window film looks really nice on our conservatory roof and it was alot cheaper than having blinds fitted. I had the window film supplied and fitted by a local company for £750 which is a load cheaper than having blinds fitted Smile

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.