My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join our Property forum for renovation, DIY, and house selling advice.

Property/DIY

would you buy a house next to a naturist camp site?

10 replies

sylar · 11/09/2009 22:30

where the users of the campsite have a right of way over the driveway of the house.

Think we might no longer be buying the house now this has cropped up

OP posts:
Blu · 11/09/2009 22:33

The right of way would be more of an issue for me than that they are naturists.

CybilLiberty · 11/09/2009 22:34

imaging opening the front room curtains and seeeing this on your driveway

Ewe · 11/09/2009 22:40

Very good Cybil

I wouldn't, the access issue would seriously bother me and I think it could impact price and time in terms of reselling.

brimfull · 11/09/2009 22:41

do many of them trot across the drive floppy bits on show?

sounds a hoot

Blu · 11/09/2009 22:44

If the occupants of the site have access, I would be more worried about who they could sell on to. Or in other ways the site could be developed, and what that might man for traffic over your drive.

My Mum's neighbour has a right of way through Mum's garden - but it's not a plot that could be developed into a caravan site with 40 caravans being driven across every day, for example.

random · 11/09/2009 22:46

Dp would be upstairs at the window with his binoculars

jemart · 11/09/2009 22:49

hell no.
Unless the house was amazing and also very very cheap with potential for building a rather large wall to block out the naturists.

GrendelsMum · 11/09/2009 22:53

naturists - no problem, I'd probably be joining them (except with a cardi on to stave off chills)
camp site - hmm, bit more of a problem, but might be illogical
right of way for campers across driveway - now that does seem a problem.

TigerDrivesAgain · 11/09/2009 22:57

we have a footpath running up the side of our garden. It's no bother but only hairy middle aged, apologetic middle class ramblers use it and I shout at them "hello!!! Hello there!!". I wouldn't want a thoroughfare in front of my kitchen window, especially with wobbly bits.

sylar · 12/09/2009 19:11

Have done a bit more digging. Its a very small site and no caravans allowed. The driveway is actually a long roadway along the edge of the property with electric gates at each end and so its used the by the site owners plus users (and six houses) for access.

The land can't be developed since its green belt.

Very unsure. Apparently they only get a couple of cars an hour and thats at peak time in the summer. In the winter its only the owners of the houses.

Why is buying a house never straight forward.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.