My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join our Property forum for renovation, DIY, and house selling advice.

Property/DIY

cost of painter/decorater per day?

5 replies

brimfull · 03/04/2009 20:32

last I heard it was about 90-100/day

has the credit crunch reduced it at all

OP posts:
lalalonglegs · 04/04/2009 18:51

I think you would have to pay more towards the £150 mark in London but it depends what s/he is doing: repainting is obviously cheaper than painting fresh plaster which will need sanding,several coats and the woodwork will need caulking. Papering will cost more than painting; a staircase will cost more to paper than a front room etc etc.

brimfull · 04/04/2009 19:42

just painting over old paint
no wallpaper

so prep needed

at £150

I am on south coast,bourneouth area

OP posts:
SamVimesIsMyHero · 05/04/2009 08:08

You will need prep, filling any cracks, cleaning down the old paint etc. I would say between £100-£125, I've never heard of a decorator charging more depending on what they are doing. Ours charges for the no. of days he thinks the job will take at a flat rate.

LovelySpringDayOutside · 05/04/2009 08:18

I recently had a professional painter and decorator here and asked him out of interest how much our bedroom would cost to paint. It's a large room with two doorways (entrance and ensuite) and a window, it has a few settlement cracks and one bit where the plaster is bulging. It is painted already so would be painting over existing paint. He said £300 including materials. He does a fantastic job, mind.

DavidDecorator · 22/11/2012 09:01

This reply has been deleted

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.