My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join our Property forum for renovation, DIY, and house selling advice.

Property/DIY

choosing a carpet

5 replies

appletiser · 27/03/2009 08:09

Never had to buy carpet before - thinkng of getting whole house done. What do i look for? Have seen "stainsafe" carpets which seem like a good idea... any advice please

OP posts:
brettgirl2 · 27/03/2009 11:14

If you are worried about stains then don't buy cream!

appletiser · 27/03/2009 12:29

what about wool vs no wool?

OP posts:
nappyzonecannotcycleuphill · 27/03/2009 21:15

i had a cream wool carpet - i spilt tea on it and it stained bad so bad i got rid - i would have cream again but in polyproplene as unlike wool you can allegedly wipe the stain out more easily as wool absorbs it in or something.... that said my old thick wool cream jobby was so soft and luxurious feeling.

janmoomoo · 31/03/2009 20:43

Yeh, defo dont get cream. Especially if you like to use fake tan - doh!

Go down carpetright and they will be more than happy to tell you the differences between wool/acrylic etc. If you have pets you need to avoid certain ones with looped pile. Stainguard very good. The carpets are all labelled depending on what area they are suitable for.

We got ours done recently from carpetright and they were good. Had Allied carpets before who were good also. They are all very competitive prices IMHO. We had a guy do our last house who was independent, but he was more expensive and there were some problems with the carpet.

Remember the underlay will probably cost more than the carpet but it is worth it. It will look and feel soooooo nice when you get it done.

kitsmummy · 02/04/2009 10:56

We had a polyproplene carpet and, to us, it felt and looked v synthetic, a little bit shiny. Didn't like it at all and have gone for wool ever since, which we love

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.