My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join our Property forum for renovation, DIY, and house selling advice.

Property/DIY

wallpaper with a map design, pref London A-Z, any ideas?

6 replies

superfrenchie1 · 10/02/2009 13:36

Hello! I have a smallish bit of wall in a corridor which has been scribbled all over and rather than painting i would love to find some cool wallpaper. i've got my heart set on a map design. ideally a bit of the london A-Z. i KNOW this kind of thing exists but have been googling for ages and can't find it.

this kind of thing.

any ideas?? can you help?

TIA

OP posts:
wastingmyeducation · 10/02/2009 13:38

Stick the A-Z pages on the wall.

superfrenchie1 · 10/02/2009 13:44

ah i answered my own question. sorry i am always doing that, should be more patient.

i think this is what i want

but do let me know if you know how i can get this cheaper!

OP posts:
Lionstar · 10/02/2009 13:45

Try these, they make bespoke wallpaper printed with whatever design you like.

Or if you want to be more crafty, photocopy a tube map and have it printed onto clear plastic. Beg, borrow or steal a projector and project the image onto your wall at the right size. Use a pencil or marker to draw the lines on. Then colour with paint for the appropriate tube lines. Writing on all the station names might be a step too far though!

Lionstar · 10/02/2009 13:46

x-post (and I didn't realise you had linked to that one already!)

superfrenchie1 · 10/02/2009 13:46

i could have stuck the pages on the wall! that is what i normally do! i am still a teenager at heart, i have a picture of paul weller inside one of my kitchen cupboards and the guardian wall charts all blu-tacked in my bathroom. but as this bit of wall is very visible i thought i should be a bit grown up for once!

OP posts:
superfrenchie1 · 10/02/2009 13:47

ah thanks lionstar - love the idea about projecting and tracing it onto the wall! might use that somewhere!

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.