My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Join our Property forum for renovation, DIY, and house selling advice.

Property/DIY

Property purchase advice

7 replies

LondonExplorerMama · 26/02/2024 10:39

We're currently in the market for a 2-3 bedroom house in SM1 to SM6, with a focus on good schools and convenient London transport links.

This house has caught our attention, being close to reputable primary and secondary schools. While the price is pushing our budget, we're keen to get others' perspectives on both the property and the surrounding area.

Does the house seem worth buying at this price in this location, and what are your thoughts on the neighborhood/location?
Additionally, considering potential market fluctuations, we're curious if there's a risk of negative equity in the future. Any insights on the property or the area would be greatly appreciated!

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/143537612#/?channel=RES_BUY

Check out this 3 bedroom terraced house for sale on Rightmove

3 bedroom terraced house for sale in Croydon Road, Beddington, Croydon, CR0 for £550,000. Marketed by Barnard Marcus, Wallington

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/143537612#/?channel=RES_BUY

OP posts:
JohnnyM · 26/02/2024 13:09

Don't know the area but that house is right on a major A road, which I have driven down.

I think that would put a lot of people off, and may make it harder to sell in the future, if you are worried about that.

Looking at Rightmove there seem to be better options in those postcodes.

mitogoshi · 26/02/2024 13:13

It's very urban, if that's your choice of area then it does look like a nice house but far too congested for me (and I've lived on main roads)

TheSandHurtsMyFeelings · 26/02/2024 13:41

Very built up and not a nice area, tons of traffic. You're basically living among industrial estates and big-box retail outlets. Wouldn't be my choice at all (and having lived most of my life in Croydon I'm usually defensive of it!)

FloralQuestions · 26/02/2024 13:49

For that sort of budget, I'd head South - maybe not London 'proper' but still within the M25 - I'm thinking of somewhere like Hersham or Walton - you can still get into London within 30 mins, but it's far nicer, cleaner, and safer, and there are some excellent school options.

LondonExplorerMama · 26/02/2024 15:04

@FloralQuestions @JohnnyM @TheSandHurtsMyFeelings @mitogoshi
thank you all so much, truly appreciate your feedback

OP posts:
Papricat · 26/02/2024 19:06

Looks like hell.

Janey3090 · 27/02/2024 11:54

The house is done beautifully, but that main road right opposite would mean a big no for me! The pollution fumes from queuing traffic would be a nightmare and mean you wouldn't be able to open your windows. I think it would put a lot of buyers off and make it difficult to sell in the future.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.