Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

selling & retaining land

thatcrazycatwoman · 23/09/2022 17:03

Hi all,

we are 11 weeks into purchase, 3 houses in chain - we are all ready to exchange but top of chain is delaying this due to thier sale. They are selling some land & retaining some, so the solicitors have to ensure correct titles are on the land etc. we was informed of this a few weeks ago and so far no further update on this, not sure if they just have very slow solicitors, apparently its nothing to do with land registry just solicitors & paperwork - has anyone had any experience of this or has any advice they can give on it, we will be hanging on another week or so and if no update we will state that we would be looking to look elsewhere as our mortgage expires December, why can't they just sell all the land, it's just making things difficult and delaying everyone, surely at some point the Estate agent has to put some pressure on them and explain the impact it is having on the whole chain. Also I am aware that chains can take longer than 12 weeks but we and others are all ready to go aside from the top so thats why I am now wanting to put pressure on at this stage

thank you

OP's posts:
Please
or

thatcrazycatwoman · 23/09/2022 17:04

early to bump but sometimes in the past my posts don't get seen :)

OP's posts:
Please
or

FuzzyPuffling · 23/09/2022 17:07

With the kindest of intentions, you're posting on this subject (with a slightly different slant) very frequently. I think I've seen at least four separate threads.

I'm guessing you're short on replies because people just don't know. The whole house buying thing is tedious and difficult and very individual. Chasing up with solicitors and sales progressors is your only chance of finding out where you are.

I wish you the very best and hope it all gets sorted soon for you.

Please
or

MinnieMountain · Yesterday 10:28

“Why can’t they sell all the land?” Dunno. Maybe they want to keep a garage or something?

It takes time as the transfer of part document can be complicated and needs to go backwards and forwards between the solicitors until the exact wording is agreed.

Please
or

pastabest · Yesterday 10:35

Also I am aware that chains can take longer than 12 weeks but we and others are all ready to go aside from the top so thats why I am now wanting to put pressure on at this stage

a straightforward sale not involving a chain takes about 12 weeks, it's just a normal amount of time for searches etc to come back.

everyone else in the chain will be aware of this and not getting agitated. I could understand the anxiety if it was the end of November but it's not.

chill your beans

Please
or

Chemenger · Yesterday 10:39

If you aren’t happy pull out. They have every right to keep some land, for any reason.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?